Sustainability at Heidelberg
Mission: Heidelberg is endeavoring to develop a stronger campus ethos on sustainability and "green" related activities.
This is a new campus-wide initiative to work toward a more green environment. Recyclables will be collected and transported on a weekly basis to recycling facilities. You can help by using the containers located in each building on campus. Below are descriptions of the type of items we will collect for recycling.
Office paper receptacles (white bags) are available in all residence halls and most office buildings.
- Standard white paper only
- No colored construction paper, candy wrappers, tissues, glossy material, napkins, hanging or reinforced file folders, copy paper covers, carbon copy paper, etc.
Plastic receptacles (blue bags) are available in all residence halls and most office buildings.
- Leave advertisement inserts in newspaper
Plastic (bottles only)
Plastic receptacles are available in all residence halls and most office buildings.
- Any plastic in the form of a bottle including:
- beverage bottles
- milk jugs
- softener, bleach and detergent bottles
- shampoo bottles, etc.
- Rinse and flatten to save space
- No plastic bags, Styrofoam, motor oil containers, buckets, lids, butter tubs, plant trays, deli containers, plastic toys, etc.
Aluminum Beverage Cans
Aluminum receptacles are available in all residence halls.
- Rinse cans
Cardboard is collected behind Rock Creek, Gundlach and Hoernemann.
- Remove all packaging materials (tissue paper, packing peanuts, Styrofoam, bubble wrap, etc.)
- Flatten boxes to save space.