- Added trash/recycle receptacle’s made from recycled materials. Several bins have been placed on campus for the use of students and others. Some recycle containers are inside a few buildings for convenience.
- Heidelberg is teamed with OSS Solid Waste District to dispose to of recyclables here on campus.
- Parking lot reconfiguration includes environmentally friendly components as indicated by the green leaf symbol here on the new parking lot marker.
- Picnic tables with a wheelchair accessible side and matching trash receptacles, are made of over 90% recycled materials. Three of these tables were purchased and place on brick pavers at Krieg Hall, Brown Hall and Miller Hall for the enjoyment and convenience of our students.
- Bicycle racks constructed of recycled materials add to the convenience of students who enjoy using their bicycles for pollution free transportation. Heidelberg’s bicycle racks are constructed with a minimum of 32.7% recycled steel, 25.5% post-consumer and 7.2% post steel industrial materials.