Dr. Daryl Close holds a joint appointment as professor of computer science and philosophy at Heidelberg and served as the faculty coordinator for the Honors Program. During the 2006-2007 academic year, he served as the director of the Division of Natural & Social Sciences. His previous appointments include Tiffin University, where he chaired the Division of Arts and Science and the Department of Philosophy, Ohio Northern University, LaSalle College and Pennsylvania State University.
- “Reflection on Fair Grades”, forthcoming in Emily Esch, Kevin Hermberg, and Rory Kraft, eds. The Lenssen Prize: Critiques and Reflections
- Recipient, Jane Frost Kalnow Professorship in the Humanities, 2012-2014
- Public Library Trustee for State of Ohio
- Board of Trustees, Mohawk Community Library, Sycamore, Ohio
- Trombone, Heidelberg University Jazz Ensemble