The Education Major at Heidelberg
Heidelberg’s teacher licensure programs - Early Childhood, Middle Childhood, Adolescent to Young Adult, Multi-Age and Intervention Specialist – are fully approved by the Ohio Department of Education (ODE), and the Education Department meets all ODE/ National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education standards.
The Department’s fully air-conditioned Lavely-Shedenhelm Education Center, renovated in 2001, has three technology-mediated classrooms, individual offices for full-time education faculty and a central office/work area for administrative support and adjunct faculty.
Required Education Licensure Core Courses
- EDU 110 - Vital Connections or MUS 110 - Introdution to the Teaching of Music
- EDU 115 - Educational Technology
- EDU 200 - Growth and Development
- EDU 220 - Principles of Teaching
- EDU 416 - Seminar in Education
- EIS 265 - Diversity in Today's Schools
- EIS 266 - Education Camp Clinical Experience
- EIS 468 - Communication and Collaborative Processes
- Student Teaching