MAE Admission Requirements

Applications are processed on a rolling basis, meaning students can begin the program at any semester. Prior to or following receipt of all application materials, the Director of Graduate Studies in Education may interview prospective students. The student will receive a written decision regarding their admission status. In the event that the applicant has been convicted of a criminal offense (other than a minor traffic violation), the University will require a separate explanation of circumstances. The Program Director reserves the right to make the final decision with regard to acceptance in the Master of Arts in Education program, and also reserves the right to depart from and/or supplement the admission criteria based upon the best interests of Heidelberg University. Refer to the Graduate Catalog for more specific program information.

GRE scores are not required for Graduate Admission!

Admission Deadlines 

Each application will be reviewed for acceptance when all of the following have been received. Non-degree; coursework only students only need to submit official Bachelor's or Master's transcripts. Non-degree edorsement students must also submit a copy of their teaching license.

Requirement Additional Notes

Application Form 

Apply Here

Applicants must submit an online application form for the Master of Arts in Education program. There is no application fee for submitting the online form. There are two tracks, Curriculum and Instruction for licensed teachers, and Generalist for those not holding a teaching license. Please note that our MAE program is NOT a licensure program. See Curriculum information.

Official Transcripts

Must be sent DIRECTLY from the university to Heidelberg. Transcripts of Heidelberg graduates will already be on file.

Must show the following:

  • receipt of a Bachelor’s degree
  • a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale

Students who apply with less than the GPA requirement may be conditionally admitted at the discretion of the director. Transcripts will be accepted from a college or university accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Higher Learning Commission or other regional accrediting commissions which have been recognized by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).

International Applicants will not need to submit original transcripts as they are submitted with the NACES evaluation.

Official Master's Transcripts (if applicable)

Must be sent DIRECTLY from the university to Heidelberg. Students my transfer up to 9 semester hours of graduate coursework from another college or university no older than 6 years from the time of enrollment in Heidelberg's MAE program.

Three Recommendations

Must be submitted using our Professional Disposition Form and from professionals knowledgeable of the applicant’s professional experiences.

Copy of Teaching License(s)

Applicants pursuing the Curriculum and Instruction track MUST submit a teaching license. Applicants who do not hold a teaching license must pursue the Generalist track of required courses in the MAE Program. This does not allow students obtain a license, but offers a more general set of required classes. 

International Applicants International applicants must also submit all International Admission requirements in addition to those listed above.


Submit documents to:
Graduate Admissions
Heidelberg University
310 E. Market St.
Tiffin, Ohio 44883

Please Note: If applicants send any personal information via email (i.e. transcripts), Heidelberg University is not responsible for the security of the information sent. Professional Disposition forms and teaching licenses may be faxed to 419-448-2334. Call 419-448-2602 with admission questions.