The Master of Arts in Education (MAC) program offers an endorsement to add grades 4 and 5 to a current Early Childhood Education (ECE) PreK-3 teaching license. Teachers with other licenses may take these courses for credits or licensure renewal but can not add the 4/5 endorsement to their license; this can only be added to a PreK-3 teaching license. Students enrolled in the MAE degree program may also take these courses as electives.
The endorsement consists of five 2-semester hour graduate level classes for a total of 10 semester hours. Students may register for some or all of the classes at one time. These courses are offered every summer, however must have at least six students registered to be able to run.
4/5 Endorsement Courses
- EDU 544: Middle Childhood Transitions (2 semester hours)
- EDU 546: Middle Level Mathematics Content, Pedagogy, and Assessment (2 semester hours)
- EDU 547: Middle Level Science Content, Pedagogy, and Assessment (2 semester hours)
- EDU 548: Middle Level Language Arts Content, Pedagogy, and Assessment (2 semester hours)
- EDU 549: Middle Level Social Studies Content, Pedagogy, and Assessment (2 semester hours)
* For course descriptions, click here.
Summer 2013 Class Schedule
|June 4-June 14, MTWRF||9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.||11315||EDU 548-T1 Middle Level Language Arts||Michele Castleman|
|June 4-June 14, MTWRF||1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.||11313||EDU 546-T1 Middle Level Math||Robert Swanson|
|June 17-June 28, MTWRF||9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.||11314||EDU 547-T1 Middle Level Science||Karen Jones|
|July 8-July 19, MTWRF||9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.||11312||EDU 544-T2 Middle Level Transitions||Karen Jones|
|July 8-July 19, MTWRF||1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.||11316||EDU 549-T2 Middle Level Social Studies||Todd Edmond|