The steps below outline how to apply for and obtain the K-12 Reading Endorsement and/or the TESOL Endorsement. Applicants may complete the content examinationas at any time; however, Heidelberg's School of Education will not submit the licensure application until all courses and requirements have been completed. For questions on this process, please contact the School of Education at 419-448-2125.
1. Take the Required Content Examination
2. Notify Heidelberg
3. Apply for Licensure
- Go to the Ohio Department of Education website.
- Click on "Teachers."
- Under the "How Do I..." box, select "Apply for my teaching license?"
- Still in the "How Do I..." box, select "Apply for a new license?"
- At the very bottom of the page, select the link "Complete List of Applications."
- Under paper applications, choose "Initial License Application - Education program completed in Ohio."
- Print and fill out the form. Mail form to:
School of Education
310 E. Market Street
Tiffin, OH 44883
4. Licensure Application Submission