Whether you want to teach, perform, create, or inspire, Heidelberg is the place for music. We've been teaching music for 125 years and know what you need for a successful and fulfilling career.
- Students from any major can perform in major ensembles starting their freshman year.
- No ensemble scheduling conflicts so you can participate in multiple experiences.
- Regional, national, and international touring and travel opportunities.
- Free private lessons
- One of Ohio’s lowest priced accredited music programs.
- High 4-year graduation rates save you money.
- Competitive music scholarships.
- All students are advised and mentored by a faculty musician.
- All students are given recital performance opportunities.
- With our BA/BS options you can be a double major.
- Our faculty have national and international experience in performing, conducting, composing, and teaching music.
National Association of Schools of Music
- Heidelberg University is an accredited member in good standing with the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). All music degree programs, both graduate and undergraduate, are approved for study.
- NASM is an association of approximately 653 schools of music, primarily at the collegiate level, but also including postsecondary non-degree-granting schools of music. It is the national accrediting agency for music and music-related disciplines.
BY POPULAR DEMAND, WE HAVE ADDED A NEW AUDITION DATE!
Circle your calendars for Saturday March 5th; this will be an additional opportunity to complete your music audition on the Heidelberg campus. Special appointments are also available on other days for students with conflicts. The bottom line: we need your audition to be complete by the beginning of March in order to offer the best scholarship consideration. If you have not completed this process, here is a new possibility!
For more information, please consult our audition page.