You don’t have to be a music major to earn a music scholarship at Heidelberg University. The music program offers participation scholarships for talented non-music majors. Students from all performance areas will be considered for this award.
Areas for Awards
Awards are offered for participation in the following areas:
- Ensembles: Participation in one or more of the College’s major ensembles.
- Piano: Awards are also available for piano accompanying (solo and/or ensemble) or jazz piano.
Scope of Awards
- Award amounts will range from $500 to $1500 per year. Students may demonstrate performance skills in up to two applied areas.
- Awards are competitive and will be made based on demonstrated talent and the overall needs of the Department of Music at a given time.
Applying for Awards
Students who wish to apply for a music talent scholarship must submit the following materials available from Heidelberg:
- Audition Information Form
- Audition Reference Form, to be completed by someone who is familiar with a student’s musical and academic achievement
All forms should be sent to the following address for complete consideration. Audition forms must be complete before an audition takes place. Send applications to:
Dr. Carol Dusdieker, Associate Dean
Heidelberg School of Music
310 East Market St.
Tiffin, OH 44883
Auditions are available in the spring semester. They consist of a musical audition and an interview with appropriate faculty members. The Department recommends that students consult with their local teacher to select repertoire that bests represents their performance skills at the present time.
- For voice and piano auditions: please prepare two solos of a contrasting nature.
- For instrumental auditions: please prepare one solo work.
All auditions must be completed by March 1 for scholarship consideration.