The 2013 Book: Frankenstein
For the second year we are continuing a common reading program for incoming students. Students will have chances to explore and discuss the themes and issues related to the book during Welcome Week and in a variety of venues throughout the semester. Several classes will also be using the book as part of their curriculum.
This reading experience will:
- introduce students to the University's institutional and academic values and expectations, including intellectual engagement as members of this community
- provide a common experience for Heidelberg students
- foster involvement in campus activities with related programs and events
- promote academic expectations for incoming students
- further meaningful learning by encouraging inter-disciplinary dialogue
Books will be distributed free of charge to all first year, international, and transfer students on Friday of Welcome Week in August.