Important notes on updates to User's Guides
Tutorials 1.a – 2.g (1.a Program Description – 2.g. Loading-Discharge Relationships)
The most current versions of the tutorials listed above are all dated August 27, 2005. This date appears in the upper right corner of the first page of each tutorial.
Important aspects of the new versions are the inclusion of a date and the addition of page numbers to each page of each tutorial to facilitate discussion, review and use of the tutorials. Other minor changes and corrections have been made to several of the tutorials.
Tutorials 2.h – 3.f
These tutorials are either in development or proposed. They will be posted as they are developed and will be referenced in this update section when they appear.
- Background of the NCWQR's Tributary Loading Program
- Program Description - describes in more detail the goals and purposes of the tributary loading program.
- Sampling Stations and Methods - provides information on the sampling stations, their watersheds, and the sampling methods.
- Analytical Methods - summarizes the analytical methods used for nutrients and suspended sediments.
- Data Set Description - describes the format for the data in the Excel files.
- Tutorials on graphical analyses of the river data sets and on summary report calculations
- Hydrographs, Sedigraphs and Chemographs
- Loading Calculations, Annual Loads, and Unit Area Loads
- Concentration Exceedency Curves
- Time-Weighted and Flow-Weighted Mean Concentrations
- Concentration-Flow Relationships
- Two Parameter Comparisons (e.g., nutrient-sediment)
- Relationships between Pollutant Loading and Stream Discharge
- Pollutant Concentration-Flow Duration Relationships
- Pollutant loading rates and cumulative loads
- Tutorials on further use and interpretation of the tributary loading data sets
- Nonpoint contributions to total loads
- Comparative Watershed Analysis
- Watershed Scale Effects
- Relationships to Synoptic Surveys
- In-stream Processing
- Diurnal Variations in Inputs