As an American Junior Year student, you will:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at one of Europe's finest universities.
- Live with German students, have the opportunity to get involved in a community activity, or meet regularly with a language partner.
- Choose among the large selection of courses offered by the University of Heidelberg and by the AJY program.
- Be able to study and relax at the AJY study center in the heart of the historic Altstadt on University Square.
- Be counseled by a full-time resident director and other staff members.
- Participate in an intensive grammar review and German Studies seminar for the first month after your arrival.
- Take part in various excursions and study trips, i.e. Berlin, Weimar, Nuremberg, Munich, Strasbourg.
- Receive an official transcript of your academic accomplishments.
- Understand why one of the most popular German folk songs is entitled "Ich hab' mein Herz in Heidelberg verloren".