Facility Resources - Tiffin Campus

Administrative Offices

All of the main administration offices can be found in University Hall. These include the following:University Hall

  • Business Office • 419-448-2000 – handles tuition, billing, payments, and parking passes
  • Financial Aid Office • 419-448-2953 - handles loan processing
  • Registrar’s Office • 419-448-2090 – handles registration, transcripts, degree audits, etc.
  • Office of Admissions • 419-448-2334
  • President and Provost’s Office - handles academic affairs 
  • Mail Room - working postal office for sending mail, packages, etc. 
  • Other offices: Alumni, Human Resources, Institutional Advancement, Marketing and Communication Services, 

The Graduate Studies Office and the associate deans and directors of each specific graduate program are found in their designated buildings on campus:

  • Graduate Admissions • 419-448-2602 – University Hall
  • Master of Arts in Counseling (MAC) • 419-448-2288 – Aigler Alumni Building
  • Master of Arts in Education (MAE) • 419-448-2125 – School of Education: Lavely-Shedenhelm Education Center
  • Master of Business Administration (MBA) • 419-448-2280– School of Business: Adams Hall
  • Master of Music Education (MME) • 419-448-2073 – School of Music: Brennemann Music Hall

Should you need to find a specific place or person on campus, Heidelberg’s homepage provides a link at the top of the page to the online directory and the campus map, as well as a red tab directing students to the offices and departments on campus.


Academic and Career Success Center

The Academic & Career Support Center (ACSC) promotes academic excellence and career development. They are located on the third floor of Campus Center, which is in the heart of Heidelberg’s campus. Services provided include:

  • private tutoringCampus Center
  • study groups
  • writing assistance
  • life skill development
  • learning disability accommodations
  • career and major exploration
  • personal assessment
  • internship development
  • targeted job search coaching services

This office helps students clarify and achieve their personal goals, enhance their Heidelberg experience, and foster critical skill development toward achieving a life of purpose with distinction. Students may also take advantage of annual career fairs and other career-related events throughout the year. Though mostly catered to undergraduate students, graduate students may still take advantage of their services, especially those needed learning accommodations. Students may contact the ACSC office at 419-448-2301 or careers@heidelberg.edu.


The campus bookstore is also located in Campus Center but on the main (second) floor. Stop by to see the latest Heidelberg merchandise and buy your textbooks for class or shop online at www.heidelberg.edu/bookstore. Hours of operation can also be found online and they can be reached at 419-448-2012. If unable to visit bookstore during open hours, you can have your books delivered to the Graduate Studies Office, which is open later than any of the offices on campus, so you can pick them up before class.

Also in Campus Center, you will find the Security and Safety Department, Stoner Health Center, Residence Life Office, International Affairs Office, and the offices of Student Affairs and Student Activities.


Beeghly Library

Beeghly Library is housed in an unusual round three-story library building. Light and airy, with comfortable furnishings the library provides an inviting spot for students to gather, do research and work on individual and group projects. With wireless internet throughout, the library also includes a computer lab, classrooms, and a lounge with snack and beverage machines. The library also includes a copy machine that students may use for 10 cents per copy. Other services include reference assistance, library research classes, an online catalog, a computer lab, two classrooms, circulation, print reserves, e-reserves, interlibrary loans, and the Instructional Resource Center (see information below).

Online, the library provides many resources for research or projects including Beeghly LibraryOhioLINK. OhioLINK is a group of 89 college and university libraries, and the State Library of Ohio, that work together to provide students with information such as, books and library materials, electronic articles and journals, databases, e-books, images, videos, and sounds, theses and dissertations from Ohio students. This and other resources are available via Beeghly Library’s website at www.heidelberg.edu/library.
Once students receive their Graduate Student ID card (discussed later in this orientation), they will need to contact the library to register their information and be able to check out books and use the online resources. The library’s main desk can be reached at 419-448- 2246 or you may send an email to library@heidelberg.edu.
Visit the Beeghly Library’s website for current hours.

Instructional Resource Center

The Instructional Resource Center (IRC), located in the basement of Beeghly Library, houses a resource collection and a materials production area. Instructional materials are available for students, faculty, staff and community patrons. Hours of operation are posted on their website at www.heidelberg.edu/about/auxiliaryservices/irc.

Using the on-site equipment, patrons can produce overhead transparencies, die-cut letters for signs, laminate materials, and legally duplicate videotapes to DVD or VHS. Materials are available for purchase, including poster board, construction paper, craft roll paper for bulletin boards, audio cassette tapes, videotapes, and DVDs. See our list of materials for more information.

Student Identification Cards

Student ID’s are not necessary for Graduate Coursework Only (GCO) students, unless you are taking a full semester course that requires use of the campus library, online library resources or other OhioLINK libraries. GCO students enrolled in the School Counselor Licensure Endorsement (SCLE) program via the Master of Arts in Counseling may need a student ID card. ID Cards are not available through Beeghly Library so you find that an ID card is needed, please contact graduate admissions at 419-448-2602.


Computer CentersAigler Building

There are several computer labs and centers that students may use on campus. There are two computers located outside of the Registar’s Office in University Hall and a few computers in the lobby area and basement floor of Campus Center. In addition, there are a few computer labs with printing abilities also open to students:
Beeghly Library Computer Lab (same hours as library)

  • Aigler Building Computer Lab
    • Located in Aigler A4 (basement of Aigler on the parking lot side).
    • Access available through the building’s Administrative Assistant.
  • Bareis Hall Computer Center 
    • Located in Bareis Hall rooms 227, 228, 229. Includes PC and Macintosh computers.
    • Standard Hours of Operation (breaks and holidays will have adjusted hours): Bareis Hall
      • Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
      • Friday 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
      • Saturday 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
      • Sunday 1 p.m.-11 p.m.

Students can log into campus computers using “Berguest” with no password, or their email (without @heidelberg.com) and password (also known as the student’s NetID, discussed later in this orientation). The NetID is also necessary to enter before printing to campus printers. Should students need any technology support when using computers on campus, they should contact the Technology Helpdesk at www.heidelberg.edu/offices/technology/helpdesk. They can also reach the helpdesk via email at helpdesk@heidelberg.edu or phone at 419-448-2088.


Fireside Café and Pub

Fireside Café and Pub is an engaging, relaxing space, to enjoy a latte, sandwich, salad, entrée or a decadent dessert before class.  Hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 7am – 12am,  Friday  7am – 1am, Saturday 11am – 1am, and Sunday 4pm – 12am.

Offering a wide selection of exciting new food options, refreshing beverages and tasty, wholesome food in a modern, cozy atmosphere, the restaurant features a variety of seating both indoors and outdoors with flat screen televisions, upbeat music, and WiFi.  Fireside debuts natural 100% biodegradable and compostable tableware. And yes, the Fireside Café Pub has a working fireplace! Campus & community members of legal age can purchase beer or wine by cash or credit card at the new facility.  Beer & wine will be served during limited hours.

Dining at the Hoernemann Refectory is also available.

For details and menus check out www.campusdish.com/en-us/CSMA/Heidelberg.


Weather Emergency

School cancellations will be broadcast on WTTF Radio, 1600 AM or 103.7 FM, TV 54 in Bucyrus, or TV Channels 11 or 13 in Toledo. You may call (419) 448-2222 to get information regarding class cancellations due to weather. In addition, you may also call the Heidelberg switchboard at (419) 448-2000 or 800-925-9250 or your program's main office/administration assistant. Cancellations are also posted on the website under "News and Events" and then "Weather Cancellations" on the left column. On occasion, an individual campus (Tiffin or Arrowhead Park) may close or individual class instructor may cancel due to extreme weather conditions, but not all classes are cancelled on all of the other campuses where classes are held or with other instructors. Please contact the campus where your class is scheduled for additional information on closings.
Go to next page