Student Resources and Other Information

Beeghly Library

A librarian is on duty to assist students in the utilization of the library resources. A student ID card is required to borrow materials from the library. Beeghly Library has a print collection of 153,200 books, 264,000 microfiche and microfilms, 113,478 government documents, 7,841 sound recordings, 472 videos/DVDs, and subscribes to 480 print journals. We are a member of OhioLINK which is the state’s online academic library consortium. Through OhioLINK, our students have access to 26,000,000 books, 5,000 journals, and 100 online databases. Library services include reference assistance, library research classes, an online catalog, a computer lab, two classrooms, circulation, print reserves, e-reserves, interlibrary loan, and the Instructional Media Center. Library hours, phone numbers and staff names can be found on our web site at


Computer Centers

Aigler Building Computer Lab: Basement of Aigler - Access available through Administrative Assistant

Bareis Hall Computer Center: Rooms 227, 228, 229

  • Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-11:00 p.m.
  • Friday 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
  • Saturday 12 p.m.-4 p.m.
  • Sunday 1 p.m.-11 p.m.

Arrowhead Park Computer Center

  • Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
  • Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m.


Student Identification Cards

In order to check out materials from the library or to use the Media and Computer Centers, all students should have a Heidelberg student identification card. ID cards may also be used for admission to Heidelberg athletic events. You may also take advantage of student rates for the Heidelberg Theatre and receive discounts at participating area restaurants. YMCA privileges, however, are not available to graduate students. ID cards will be created for you after classes have begun. The Graduate Studies Administrative Assistant will contact you when your student ID card is available.


Vehicle Registration

All students are required to register all vehicles driven to the Heidelberg Tiffin campus. Vehicle registration is available on under each student’s “Personal Information” menu. There is no charge for vehicle registration for graduate students. Students are expected to park in proper areas. Guidelines are posted in several locations and are available from security.


Weather Emergency

School cancellations will be broadcast on WTTF Radio, 1600 AM or 103.7 FM, TV 54 in Bucyrus, or TV Channels 11 or 13 in Toledo. You may also call the Heidelberg switchboard at (419) 448-2000 or 800-925-9250; the Graduate Studies Office at (419) 448-2288; or Arrowhead Park at (419) 893-1986. Cancellations are also posted on the website under "News and Events" and then "Weather Cancellations" on the left column.

In addition, (419) 448-2222 will have information regarding class cancellations due to weather. On occasion, an individual campus (Tiffin or Arrowhead Park) may close due to extreme weather conditions, but classes are not cancelled on all of the other campuses where classes are held. Please contact the campus where your class is scheduled for additional information on closings.


Financial Aid

Programs available to graduate students are: (a) Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan; (b) Federal Unsubsidized Loan; (c) Employer-Provided Assistance (d) Federal Perkins Loans. To be eligible for one of those programs, the student must:

  • be enrolled in a program leading to a graduate degree;
  • be at least a half-time student (5 semester hours);
  • file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
  • request a copy of their Heidelberg Admission Application to be forwarded to the Financial Aid Office.
  • Students enrolled in the PCC program or as Coursework Only do not qualify for federal assistance.

For further information or a FAFSA, contact: Heidelberg University Financial Aid Office, 310 E. Market St., Tiffin, Ohio 44883, 1-800-925-9250, ext. 2293 or 419-448-2293.


Tuition Reimbursement

An increasing number of employers provide educational assistance to their employees. Students receiving tuition reimbursement from their employer may defer payment of the reimbursed amount until the reimbursement is received. A completed Tuition Reimbursement Form must be on file in the Business Office. This form is available from the Graduate Studies Office or on the Graduate Studies Forms page online, and must be completed each semester.


Go to next page.