Beeghly Library isn't your typical library. From the round building to the furnishings, it is the place to go to research, study or just browse. The library staff are always available to help point you in the right direction.
- Login to Opal (My Account & Renewals)
- Search library catalog (OPAL)
- Search OhioLink catalog
- Electronic Journals Finder
- Tiffin-Seneca Public Library
- Finding Course Reserves
- LibGuides (Research Guides)
- Research Databases (A-Z)
June 20-July 30
- Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm
- Friday, 9am-4pm
August 1-5: CLOSED
- Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm
- Friday, 9am-4pm
|Regular Library Hours||(hours during academic year)|
|Monday - Thursday||7:45AM-11PM|
|OPAL & OhioLINK Loans||419-448-2108|
|Instructional Resource Center||419-448-2136|
A Heidelberg student ID card or an orange library patron card is necessary for materials to be checked out. Adult area residents may use the library by purchasing a Community Card; adults $5.00, students $2.00. Children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
Loan Periods & Fines
|Type of Material||Loan Period||Renewals||Fines|
|Periodicals||Library use only||N/A||N/A|
|Government documents||21 days||6||$.50/day|
|CDs & records||21 days||6||$.50/day|
|DVDs & videos||7 days||none||$.50/day|
|OhioLINK books||21 days||6||$.50/day|
|OhioLINK media*||7 days||none||$.50/day|
|*videos, DVDs, CDs, CD-ROMs|
|Reserve items||set by professor||none||$.50/hour|
|Laptops||2 hours inside library||4||$.50/hour|
|Other equipment*||Library use only||none||$.50/hour|
|* computer headphones, USB drive extension cables, calculators|
- Undergraduate students may borrow a total of 50 items at a time. Graduate students, faculty, and staff may borrow up to 200 items.
- Community patrons may borrow up to 5 items at a time. All materials are subject to a 24-hour recall if needed by someone in the Heidelberg community.
- Community patrons may use the library computers to do research using the library catalog, databases, and government resources.
- Items may be renewed online, by calling the library, 419-448-2104, or by bringing the item in. To renew online, click on My Account.
- Renewals can only be made within 7 days of the item being due. Renewals made after the item is overdue will have the amount of the fine added to the patron record.
- Renewals will be denied if a hold has been placed on an item.
Fines and Overdues
- A fine of $10.00 or more on a patron’s record will block their account and prevent them from borrowing items or requesting items from OhioLINK.
- There is a 7 day grace period for items that circulate 21 days. Fines for items returned after that period will start from the original due date.
- Materials not returned within 30 days after the due date are considered lost and the patron will be charged a replacement fee of up to $125.00. The fine is reduced when the item is returned.
- All fines may be paid in the library. Student fines not paid by the end of the semester are sent to the Business Office and must be paid there.
The library’s magazine, journal, and newspaper holdings are listed alphabetically in the print Periodical List or may be found by searching individual titles in the Beeghly Library Catalog. Most recent issues are located in the racks on the first floor. Back issues are kept alphabetically by title on the 2nd floor.
The Electronic Journal Finder may be used to find periodicals that include on-line full-text articles.
Heidelberg patrons have access to much more than just the books held in our library. The catalog, named OPAL for a group of Ohio private academic libraries, includes the Beeghly Library collection plus twenty-four other college libraries. The library also belongs to the statewide academic library consortium, OhioLINK.
Beeghly Library Catalog (OPAL)
Locate the books, e-books, videos, music recordings, journal and magazine titles (not articles), etc. in Beeghly Library at Heidelberg. Search our catalog first, and then expand your search to the other OPAL and OhioLINK libraries. With your Heidelberg ID you can send for books and media materials from most of the academic libraries in the state and have them delivered to the academic library nearest to you.
- View Your Account to see what you have checked out and when the items are due, to renew your items, and to check on the status of titles you ordered from other libraries.
- Course Reserves Many faculty place sample exams, articles, or books on reserve for an entire class to use. Search by the instructor’s name or the course name and number. Photocopies, books, and videos are kept at the circulation desk; get the call number from the course reserves entry. Electronic reserves are online and require your ID number to access them.
OhioLINK Catalog OhioLINK includes most Ohio college and university libraries. The combines collections provide 50 million books and other materials. Use your Heidelberg ID to request items from these libraries and they will be sent to you at Heidelberg or an Ohio academic library of your choice. The OhioLINK homepage also provides links to other information sources.
The Tiffin-Seneca Public Library at 77 Jefferson Street is within walking distance to Heidelberg, and is open to Heidelberg students. To sign up for a TSPL borrower's card, take your Heidelberg ID with you and and another form of ID showing your home address.