Heidelberg University offers a variety of Graduate Assistantship (GA) positions for graduate students wishing to pursue their Master's degree and gain valuable professional experience at the same time. Most assistantships at Heidelberg fall under the category of coaching sports, however there are a few administrative or support positions as well. Assistantships also provide graduate students with the financial resources necessary to pursue their degrees. This financial support may include tuition remission, room and/or board, and/or financial stipend. GA positions are usually contracted for one to two years or, in very special circumstances, may be extended to three years. Specific information and requirements are explained in the Graduate Assistant Policy.
Available GA Positions
- Current position openings are posted via Human Resources.
- Positions may include, but are not limited to:
- Athletic Marketing and Information
- Athletic Training
- ACSC Career Development or Academic Support
- Basketball (men's and women's)
- Civic Engagement
- Cross Country and Track & Field (men's and women's)
- Defensive Line Coach
- Football Assistant Coach
- Health and Counseling Services
- International Affairs and Studies
- Residence Life Training and Programs
- School of Business
- School of Music
- Student Engagement
- Soccer (men's and women's)
- Wellness and Healthy Living
Application Requirements and Process
- Apply for a graduate program and submit a GA Application and all required admissions documents to Graduate Admissions.
- Apply for the GA position via online employment application and submit any required materials to Human Resources or the hiring office.
- Receive notification of graduate program acceptance from Graduate Admissions/the program director.
- Receive notification of graduate assistant position offering from the hiring office.
- Human Resources contacts applicant with background check authorization form.
- Applicant receives GA appointment packet from Human Resources.
- Applicant completes and submits required paperwork to Human Resources.
- Residence Life contacts applicants with living arrangements.
- Hiring office maintains contact with GA.
Graduate Assistant Requirements
The Graduate Assistant Policy and information can be viewed here. To maintain a position as a graduate assistant, the student must:
- be fully matriculated in a master's degree program at Heidelberg University;
- be a full time student, maintaining a minimum of nine (9) credits per semester, and a maximum of twelve (12) credits per semester;
- maintain at least a 3.0 GPA during each semester of the assistantship;
- fulfill twenty hours per week for up to two years.
- Please Note: MBA departmental or Heidelberg + 1 scholarships are not applicable to students obtaining a Graduate Assistant position.
Please direct specific questions regarding the Graduate Assistant position to the office offering that position. All other graduate program and admission questions may be directed to:
International and Graduate Admissions Coordinator