Fall/August Semester – June 1
Spring/January Semester - November 1
Summer/June Semester - April 1
Heidelberg University is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students. International members of Heidelberg University must follow the United States visa and immigration policies. The visa and immigration information is subject to change at any time. Please keep yourself updated on the Prior to Departure page. All materials must be complete for review. Heidelberg University reserves the right to request further documentation on a case-by-case basis. International Baccalaureate Diploma students are granted sophomore status at Heidelberg!
SAT or ACT scores are not required for undergraduate international applicants.
|Student Type||Requirement||How to Submit||Additional Information|
|ALL International Applicants
||Passport Photocopy (or other form of identification)||
Fax to: 419-448-2565
|You will need a valid passport to receive your I-20 form for your visa interview.|
|Evidence of Financial Support||Fax to: 419-448-2565
U.S. visa regulations require students to submit documented evidence of the amount of financial support that will be available from personal resources as well as any additional resource.
Please submit at least one of the following:
Proof of English Language Proficiency
|Fax to: 419-448-2565
|Click on the link for additional information. Must have scores from a testing agency or submit proof of admissibility via other suitable forms. Scores must be recent to within one year of the date of application to the University.|
|Applicants from Outside the U.S.*||Official Academic Records of completed education by one of NACES agencies||
Request to be sent directly from the NACES agency to Heidelberg University at:
|Request a "document-by-document" evaluation for secondary school work and a "course-by-course" evaluation for higher education coursework from the NACES agency chosen. Instruct the NACES agency of choice to send the transcript evaluation to Heidelberg University.|
|Applicants from Within the U.S.**||Official Academic Records||Request to be sent directly from the college/university to Heidelberg University at:
|Visa Transfer Form (if applicable)||
Fax to: 419-448-2565
|Applicants currently residing in the United States with an F-1 visa will need to submit this form, which will be enclosed with the application acknowledgement letter. Please inform the International Admissions Office if you are wanting to change from a different visa status to an F-1.|
|For ALL Applicants||Application Form||Click link.||Applications are submitted online. There is no application fee.|
* Applicants who received an undergraduate degree from a school outside of the United States, whether you are currently residing in the United States or not.
** Applicants who are currently residing in the United States and have a diploma from a school within the United States.
Please Note: If applicants send any personal information via email (transcripts, copy of passport, etc.), Heidelberg University is not responsible for the security of the information sent.
Application Review and Completion
- Materials will be reviewed by the Heidelberg University Office of Admissions.
- A letter of acceptance is sent to the applicant.
- The applicant pays a $250 enrollment fee (non-refundable).
- The I-20 is sent to the applicant with a packet of information.
- The applicant requests an interview at the United States embassy for visa issuance.
- The applicant notifies International Admissions of the visa decision.
- Review prior to departure information.
- Do not make flight arrangements until a student (F-1) or scholar (J-1) visa has been received.
- Do not enter the United States on a visitor/tourist visa (B-2) unless it is designated “Prospective Student” by the Consular Officer.
- The U.S. Immigration Service rarely authorizes a change in visa status from a B-2 to an F-1 or J-1 visa.