Fall Semester – June 1
Spring Semester - November 1
Summer Semester - April 1
International members of Heidelberg University must follow the United State's visa and immigration policies. The visa and immigration information is subject to change at any time. Please keep yourself updated on the Prior to Departure page. All materials must be complete for review. Heidelberg University reserves the right to request further documentation on a case-by-case basis. International Baccalaureate Diploma students are granted sophomore status at Heidelberg!
Please note that SAT or ACT scores are not required for undergraduate international applicants.
|Student Type||Requirement||Additional Information|
|Required for all International Applicants
||Passport Photocopy (or other form of identification)||You will need a valid passport to receive your I-20 form for your visa interview. May be scanned and emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 419-448-2334.|
|Evidence of Financial Support||
U.S. visa regulations require students to submit documented evidence of the amount of financial support that will be available from personal resources as well as any additional resource.
Please submit ALL of the following. May be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 419-448-2334:
Proof of English Language Proficiency
*Not required for HELI only program.
|Click on the link for additional information. Must have scores from a testing agency or submit proof of admissibility via other suitable forms (i.e. scan/email, proof of nationality, skype, etc.). Scores must be recent to within one year of the date of application to the University.|
|Required for Applicants from Outside the U.S.*||Official Academic Records of completed education by one of NACES agencies||Request a "document-by-document" evaluation for secondary school work and a "course-by-course" evaluation for higher education coursework from the NACES agency chosen. Instruct the NACES agency of choice to send the transcript evaluation to Heidelberg University.|
|Required for Applicants from Within the U.S.**||Official Academic Records||
|Visa Transfer Form (if applicable)||Applicants currently residing in the United States with an F-1 visa will need to submit this form, which will be enclosed with the application acknowledgement letter.|
|For ALL Applicants||Application Form||Applications are submitted online. There is no application fee.|
* Applicants who received an undergraduate degree from a school outside of the United States, whether you are currently residing in the United States or not.
** Applicants who are currently residing in the United States and have a diploma from a school within the United States.
Application Review and Completion
- Materials will be reviewed by the Heidelberg University Office of Admissions.
- A letter of acceptance together with the I-20 will be sent to the applicants.
- Applicants pay the $250 enrollment fee (non-refundable).
- Applicants request an interview at the United States embassy for visa issuance.
- Applicants submit up-to-date immunization records.
- Applicants review prior to departure information.
- Please do not make flight arrangements until a student (F-1) or scholar (J-1) visa has been received.
- Please do not enter the United States on a visitor (tourist) visa (B-2) unless it is designated “Prospective Student” by the Consular Officer.
- The U.S. Immigration Service rarely authorizes a change in visa status from a B-2 to an F-1 or J-1 visa.