Graduate International Admission Policy

students at tableHeidelberg University is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.International members of Heidelberg University must follow the United State's visa and immigration policies. The visa and immigration information is subject to change at any time. Please keep yourself updated on the Prior to Departure page. All materials must be complete for review. Heidelberg University reserves the right to request further documentation on a case-by-case basis.

Admission Deadlines

Fall Semester - June 1
Spring Semester - November 1*
Summer Semester - April 1*

*MBA starts only in the Fall





Application Materials

GRE and GMAT are NOT required for Graduate Admission!


Student Type Requirement Additional Notes
for all International Applicants

Passport Photocopy (or other form of identification) You will need a valid passport to receive your I-20 form for your visa interview.
Evidence of Financial Support

U.S. visa regulations require students to submit documented evidence of the amount of financial support that will be available from personal resources as well as any additional resource.

Please submit at least one of the following:

  • A letter from your financial institution to prove financial support
  • A letter from your sponsor (if you have one) to prove financial support
  • A bank statement dated within the last six months that reflects the amount for tuition, fees, room and board, and mandatory health insurance of a minimum of one year.
Proof of English Language Proficiency Click on the link for additional information. Must have scores from a testing agency or submit proof of admissibility via other suitable forms. Scores must be recent to within one year of the date of application to the University.
Program Admission Requirements

Click on the program admission requirement links below:

Required for Applicants from Outside the U.S.* Official Academic Records of completed education by one of NACES’ agencies. Request a "course-by-course" evaluation from the NACES agency chosen. Instruct the NACES agency of choice to send the transcript evaluation to Heidelberg University. Another transcript will not need to be sent directly to Heidelberg.
Required for Applicants from Within the U.S.** United States University Transcripts Official transcripts must be sent DIRECTLY from the issuing institution.
  Visa Transfer Form (if applicable) Applicants currently residing in the United States with an F-1 visa will need to submit this form, which will be enclosed with the application acknowledgement letter.
For ALL applicants Application Form Applications are submitted online. There is no application fee.

* Applicants who received an undergraduate degree from a school outside of the United States, whether you are currently residing in the United States or not.

** Applicants who are currently residing and studying in the United States.

Please Note: If applicants send any personal information via email (i.e. transcripts, copy of passport), Heidelberg University is not responsible for the security of the information sent. 

Application Submission, Review and Completion

  1. The NACES transcript evaluation MUST be mailed directly from the NACES agency to the Graduate Admissions at Heidelberg University, 310 E. Market St., Tiffin, Ohio USA. All other documents may be emailed to, faxed to 419-448-2334, or mailed to the address above.
  2. Materials will be reviewed by Heidelberg University Graduate Admissions.
  3. A letter of acceptance together with the I-20 will be sent to the applicants.
  4. Applicants request an interview at the United States embassy for visa issuance.
  5. Applicants submit up-to-date immunization records.
  6. Applicants review prior to departure information.


  • Please do not make flight arrangements until a student (F-1) or scholar (J-1) visa has been received.
  • Please do not enter the United States on a visitor (tourist) visa (B-2) unless it is designated “Prospective Student” by the Consular Officer.
  • The U.S. Immigration Service rarely authorizes a change in visa status from a B-2 to an F-1 or J-1 visa.