Heidelberg University is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.International members of Heidelberg University must follow the United States visa and immigration policies. The visa and immigration information is subject to change at any time. Please keep yourself updated on the Prior to Departure page. All materials must be complete for review. Heidelberg University reserves the right to request further documentation on a case-by-case basis.
Fall/August Semester - June 1
Spring/January Semester - November 1*
Summer/May or June Semester - April 1*
*MBA starts only in the Fall
GRE and GMAT are NOT required for Graduate Admission.
|Student Type||Requirement||How to Submit||Additional Notes|
|ALL International Applicants
||Passport Photocopy (or other form of identification)||Fax to: 419-448-2565
|You will need a valid passport to receive your I-20 form for your visa interview.|
|Evidence of Financial Support||Fax to: 419-448-2565
U.S. visa regulations require students to submit documented evidence of the amount of financial support that will be available from personal resources as well as any additional resource.
Please submit at least one of the following:
|Proof of English Language Proficiency||Fax to: 419-448-2565
|Click on the link for additional information. Must have scores from a testing agency or submit proof of admissibility via other suitable forms. Scores must be recent to within one year of the date of application to the University.|
|Program Admission Requirements||Fax to: 419-448-2565
Click on the program admission requirement links below:
|Applicants from Outside the U.S.*||Official Academic Records of completed education by one of NACES’ agencies.||Request to be sent directly from the NACES agency to Heidelberg University at:
|Request a "course-by-course" evaluation from the NACES agency chosen. Instruct the NACES agency of choice to send the transcript evaluation to Heidelberg University. Another transcript will not need to be sent directly to Heidelberg.|
|Applicants from Within the U.S.**||United States University Transcripts||Request to be sent directly from the college/university to Heidelberg University at:
|Official transcripts must be sent to Heidelberg DIRECTLY from the issuing institution.|
|Visa Transfer Form (if applicable)||Fax to: 419-448-2565
|Applicants currently residing in the United States with an F-1 visa will need to submit this form, which will be enclosed with the application acknowledgement letter.|
|For ALL applicants||Application Form||Click link.||Applications are submitted online. There is no application fee.|
* Applicants who received an undergraduate degree from a school outside of the United States, whether you are currently residing in the United States or not.
** Applicants who are currently residing and studying in the United States.
Please Note: If applicants send any personal information via email (i.e. transcripts, copy of passport), Heidelberg University is not responsible for the security of the information sent.
Application Review and Completion
- Materials will be reviewed by the Heidelberg Office of Admissions.
- A letter of acceptance is sent to the applicant together with the I-20 and a packet of information.
- The applicant requests an interview at the United States embassy for visa issuance.
- The applicant notifies International Admission of the visa decision.
- Review prior to departure information.
- Do not make flight arrangements until a student (F-1) or scholar (J-1) visa has been received.
- Do not enter the United States on a visitor/tourist vis (B-2) unless it is designated "Prospective Student" by the Counselor Officer.
- The U.S. Immigration Service rarely authoriazes a change in visa status from a B-2 to an F-1 or J-1 visa.