Information for Transfer Students
Heidelberg University welcomes transfer students and their diverse range of experiences and aspirations. We will work with you to make the process of transferring as easy as possible, and we look forward to meeting you.
To be considered for transfer admission, you must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
To apply, you must submit the following documents:
- Application for Undergraduate Admission - Apply Online to the University, or contact us if you would prefer to be mailed an application
- Final high school transcripts
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended—To be official, transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to Heidelberg University. Transfer students should request that all college transcripts be sent at the time of application. An updated official transcript will then need to be requested to include final grades for coursework in which you are currently enrolled or will be enrolled prior to starting at Heidelberg.
- Completed Personnel Dean's Data Form
All transcripts should be sent directly to:
Office of Admissions
310 East Market St.
Tiffin, OH 44883
Generally, courses in which you earned a C- or better will transfer for credit to Heidelberg, with some exceptions. Your Heidelberg GPA will be based solely on credits earned while attending this institution. While Heidelberg does not limit the number of credit hours you can transfer, only 60 hours from two-year institutions may be applied toward a Heidelberg degree.
The Transfer Evaluation System (TES) is a tool that you can use to estimate the courses you can expect to transfer to Heidelberg.
Heidelberg is working hard to make transferring as easy as possible. We have articulation agreements with several community colleges and are in the process of adding more. An articulation agreement guarantees that a student who has earned an Associate of Art or an Associate of Science degree can transfer to Heidelberg at junior status. Even if you do not have an associates degree, you can still receive credit for courses you have taken at another institution. See the list of articulation agreements.
Financial Aid and Scholarships for Transfer Students
Transfer students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Heidelberg’s FAFSA code is 003048.
While additional aid may be available, Heidelberg offers two specific awards just for transfer students; these awards can be combined:
- Transfer Academic Award
This award ranges $6,000-$10,000 per year and is renewable. To qualify, you must have attempted at least 15 semester hours or 23 quarter hours. Full-time enrollment status is required.
- Phi Theta Kappa Merit Scholarship ($1,000)
3.00 GPA for renewal.
Must be a member of Phi Theta Kappa, have attempted at least 15 semester hours or 23 quarter hours and earned a 3.5 or higher GPA. Full time enrollment required. You must provide documentation of membership by presenting your membership card or through designation on your college transcript.
Ohio Transfer Scholarships
Additional scholarship opportunities may be available to Transfer Students through the Ohio Transfer Council (OTC). For more information about these scholarships, please visit the OTC website.