Dear Friends of Heidelberg:
Greetings! For more than a decade Heidelberg has benefitted from the generous support of FOHM (Friends of Heidelberg Music) and Heidelberg is grateful. FOHM has been faithfully assisting the School of Music and the University with making significant improvements to the School of Music, from facilities to equipment to programming. Our primary mission is to support, promote and help maintain the high level of music education at Heidelberg University.
Highlights of our efforts include the following:
- The Brenneman Challenge: Active participation in a million-dollar challenge which helped lead to extensive building renovations for Brenneman Music Hall.
- The Brenneman Hallway Project: Assisted with a fundraising campaign, worked on a special committee with a consultant to design a hallway/reception area for the music building, including display cases, furniture and acoustical sound panels.
- Program Support: Provided funds to enable Tuba Christmas to move permanently to the Ritz Theatre. Financial assistance was also given to a recent department production of Into the Woods.
- Special Events: Each year FOHM sponsors a picnic to welcome first year students in the fall and another in the spring congratulating graduating seniors. FOHM has also assisted with special receptions.
We now have new goals:
- Scholarship Program
- Instrument Donation/ Replacement/ Refurbishing
- Building Improvements
- Ohl Endowment
- Website and Facebook launch
- Projects, e.g. Choir Risers
To accomplish these goals, we are taking FOHM membership to a new level by asking all our current FOHM members, as well as those of you who have yet to join, to consider an annual membership contribution. Your annual membership will allow these projects and others to become a reality; you can also become more directly involved in the planning! We deeply appreciate your support of music at Heidelberg in the past and hope you will join us by becoming a dues-paying member of the Friends of Heidelberg Music. To do so, please click here to fill out the online form and indicate your choice of membership.
For questions, please contact Dick Dundore, Chair of FOHM or John Owen, Director of the School of Music.
Dick Dundore, Chair
Friends of Heidelberg Music
John Owen, Director
School of Music
On May 8, 2013 a picnic was given in honor of the graduating seniors by the Friends of Heidelberg Music.
The second annual FOHM scholarship was also announced. Two were awarded - Stephen Smith (BM-mus ed-voice) and Holly Oberlin (BM-performance-organ).
Graduating music seniors l-r: Anthony Narvaez, Michael Lee, Dakota Thorn, Collin Stump, Christopher Durigg, Jaime Furda, Marisha Sullivan
FOHM Scholarship Award winner
l-r: Carol Schubert, Stephen Smith, Holly Oberlin, Donna and Bob Overholt