Excitement is building for the 163rd Commencement Exercises! Please use this website for up-to-date details regarding all ceremonies associated with commencement weekend.
Applications for graduation are due October 14, 2015. Applications received after the due date will incur a late fee of $25.00 in addition to the graduation fee. Cap and gown orders after January 25, 2016, will incur late fees at the company's rate. Applications are needed for those planning to graduate December 2015, May 2016, or August 2016. A complete description of the commencement deadline polices is listed online and in the University Catalog.
Students may direct questions regarding graduation requirements to their advisor/mentor.
All bills must be paid in the Business Office by May 1, 2016, in order to participate in the commencement ceremony. If you have any questions, please contact Barb Gabel at 419-448-2183 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets and Special Seating
Each graduate participating in the commencement ceremony will receive a number of tickets to be determined. Commencement tickets may be picked up in the Business Office beginning May 1st. In case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved to Seiberling Gymnasium, and no one will be admitted to commencement without a ticket. If the ceremony is held in Hoernemann Stadium, tickets will not be necessary unless you are requesting special seating. (Please see special seating instructions below.) Guests may sit in the stadium, or may bring their own seating for the hill behind Saurwein.
The commencement ceremony will be streamed on this page of Heidelberg's website (www.heidelberg.edu/commencement) and will also be video cast simultaneously in Frost Lecture Hall, the University Commons and on select campus TVs. If Seiberling Gymnasium is used due to inclement weather, Gundlach Theatre will also be available as a viewing site.
Special Seating and Parking for Those with Health Concerns:
- If there is a member of your family who, because of health reasons, cannot sit in the bleachers of Hoernemann Stadium or Seiberling Gymnasium, please notify Ms. Barb Gabel with the individual’s name by calling 419-448-2183, or the Academic Affairs Office, by calling 419-448-2216. There will be a seat reserved for this person and an escort in the special seating section. It is the responsibility of the graduate to make this reservation by May 1st.
- In addition, if one of your guests requires the use of a wheelchair/scooter or walker, space will be provided in the special seating section in the stadium or gym floor for the wheelchair/scooter/walker and an escort if you inform Barb Gabel at 419-448-2183. It is the responsibility of the graduate to make this reservation by May 1st. Guests with health concerns or in a wheelchair should be driven to the small parking lot next to Hoernemann Stadium. A Heidelberg University student ambassador will escort the person into the stadium.
- Guests with a registered Disability Parking placard may park in the lot next to Hoernemann Stadium (across the street from National Machinery.) A member of the Heidelberg Security staff will be available to assist as necessary.
- Guests with special seating tickets will be admitted at 9:15 a.m. The special seating area will be held until 9:45 a.m. At that time seats will be released to general seating.
Questions concerning commencement should be directed to email@example.com.
For specific details, please contact the following:
- Regalia - cap, gown, collegiate rings, invitations
Bookstore - 419-448-2012
- Financial Aid - Federal law requires loan exit counseling
Beth Kagy - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduation Audit - December available as soon as possible. May/Summer by end of term
Cindy Suter - email@example.com
- Final payments
Business Office - 419-448-2000