Excitement is building for the 161st Commencement Exercises! Please use this website for up-to-date details regarding all ceremonies associated with commencement weekend.
Applications for graduation are due October 14, 2013. Applications received after the due date will incur a late fee of $25.00 in addition to the graduation fee. Cap and gown orders after January 27, 2014, will incur late fees at the company's rate. Applications are needed for those planning to graduate December 2013, May 2014, or August 2014. A complete description of the commencement deadline polices is listed online and in the University Catalog.
Students may direct questions regarding graduation requirements to their advisor/mentor.
All bills must be paid in the Business Office by Thursday, May 1, 2014, in order to participate in the Commencement ceremony. If you have any questions, please contact Barb Gabel at 419-448-2183 or email@example.com.
Tickets and Special Seating
Bachelor’s Degree Candidates - Tiffin Campus, Arrowhead Park, and Adult Learners
Each undergraduate participating in the commencement ceremony will receive tickets (# of tickets to be determined). Commencement tickets may be picked up in the Business Office beginning Thursday, May 1, 2014. No one will be admitted to the Commencement ceremony inside Seiberling Gymnasium without a ticket. Unfortunately, there are no additional tickets available in the Business Office. Students are welcome to ask other participants for their unused tickets. Due to occupancy capacities, additional tickets from the University cannot be supplied.
The University does offer a video feed of the ceremony in Frost Lecture Hall, the air-conditioned lecture hall in Bareis Science Center across the street, to accommodate individuals who do not hold a ticket. It is handicap-accessible.
Master’s Degree Candidates - Tiffin Campus, Arrowhead Park
There are no ticket requirements for this commencement ceremony.
Special seating at Commencement for those with health concerns
- If there is a member of your family who, because of health reasons, cannot sit in the bleachers of Seiberling Gymnasium, please notify Ms. Barb Gabel with the individual’s name by calling 419-448-2183, or the Academic Affairs Office, by calling 419-448-2216. There will be a seat reserved for this person and an escort in the seating on the basketball floor. It is the responsibility of the graduate to make this reservation by Thursday, May 1, 2014.
- In addition, if one of your guests requires the use of a wheelchair/scooter, space will be provided in the seating on the basketball floor for the wheelchair/scooter and an escort if you inform Barb Gabel at 419-448-2183. It is the responsibility of the graduate to make this reservation by May 1st, 2014. Guests with health concerns or in a wheelchair should be driven to the small parking lot next to Seiberling Gymnasium. A Heidelberg University student ambassador will escort the person into the Seiberling lobby using the ramp at the front entrance so that the driver may park the car in a designated area in the Gillmor Hall parking lot off Hedges Street.
- Guests with Special Seating tickets will be admitted to the gymnasium at 1:15 p.m. The special seating area will be held until 1:45 p.m. At that time seats will be released to general seating.
Questions concerning Commencement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For specific details, please contact the following:
- Regalia - cap, gown, collegiate rings, invitations
Bookstore - 419-448-2012
- Financial Aid - Federal law requires loan exit counseling
Beth Kagy - email@example.com
- Graduation Audit - December available as soon as possible. May/Summer by end of term
Cindy Suter - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Final payments
Business Office - 419-448-2000