At Heidelberg we have access to more than 140 research databases that identify articles in magazines, scholarly journals and newspapers. Some databases provide online reference books, videos, art work, maps, poetry and photos. These research tools, developed by subject experts, direct you to more reliable information than you are likely to get through a typical internet search.
The Complete List
- All Research Databases provides a list of all the databases grouped by title, subject areas, or by type of information offered.
Academic Search Complete- a multi-subject database that identifies the contents of more than 9,300 scholarly or professional journals and some popular periodicals. It includes many full-text articles. It also includes some books, reports, conference proceedings, etc. This database is a great place to begin your research.
EJC-Electronic Journal Center is a database of full-text articles from 7,000 research journals. This database is heavy on the sciences and medicine, but does include titles from all academic disciplines. It does not include popular titles.
- Lexis-Nexis Academic - provides full-text articles from U.S. and international newspapers, wire services, business sources, legal journals, state and federal laws, medical articles, and reference sources.
Subject Specific Databases
Useful for more in-depth research. Even though Academic Search Complete covers all the subjects below, it does not include as many articles in each area.
Business Source Complete - indexes and provides full-text articles from scholarly business journals on management, economics, finance, accounting, international business, etc. Non-journal sources include company profiles, financial data, case studies, industry, market and investment reports, country reports and more.
Education Research Complete- identifies research on education in over 1,500 scholarly journals and and includes the full text for nearly half of those. This database also includes the full-text of some books and education-related conference papers.
- ERIC - database is the world’s largest source of education information, containing abstracts of documents and journal articles on education research and practice, including books, surveys, and curriculum guides, with links to the full-text ERIC documents. Use the “Find It With OLINKS” button to locate any full-text.
Psychology and Counseling
- PsycInfo - identifies and links to scholarly journal articles, book chapters, dissertations, and research reports from U.S. and international publications in psychology, since 1967. It also covers related subjects such as medicine, law, sports, and education. PsycINFO Historical carries articles as far back as the 1800s.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection - provides full text articles from a core set of journals in psychology, psychiatry, counseling, anthropology, and related topics.
- Select whether you are connecting from On Campus or Off Campus
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print- Descriptive information and critical reviews of commercially available standardized tests as found in the print Mental Measurements Yearbook.
- Select whether you are connecting from (on campus | off campus)
All Research Databases - lists additional in-depth subject specific databases.
Full-Text and Online Journals
- Electronic Journal Finder identifies the titles of thousands of journals that provide full-text articles in the OhioLINK databases.
- Online Journals - lists some additional journals with electronic full-text articles available to Heidelberg Library users. Use the Electronic Journal Finder first.
- Library Catalog - includes the titles of all the journals owned by Beeghly Library. The article you need may be available in print at the library.