With the start of the 2012-13 academic year, Heidelberg University has welcomed eight new faculty members and two visiting scholars.
Joining the Heidelberg community are:
- Dr. Nathan Beres, assistant professor of chemistry. Ph.D. in chemistry with a focus in biochemistry from the University of Akron and bachelor’s degree in chemistry and biology and chemistry from Walsh University. Previously, a lecturer at the University of Akron.
- Dr. Michele Castleman, assistant professor of education. Ph.D. in literature for children and young adults from The Ohio State University, master’s degree in creative writing for children’s literature from Chatham College and bachelor’s degree in English from Michigan State University. Previously, English education coordinator at Southeastern Louisiana University.
- Dr. Margarita Denenburg, assistant professor of piano. Ph.D. with major in piano performance from the University of Southern California, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in piano performance from Arizona State University.
- Dr. Julie Green, assistant professor of special education. Ph.D. in curriculum and instruction from Clemson University, Master’s degree in language, literacy and culture from OSU and bachelor’s degree in early childhood education from the University of South Carolina—Aiken. Previously, assistant professor at the University of Southern Indiana.
- Dr. Karen Jones, assistant professor of middle school/secondary education. Ed.D. in educational leadership of higher education teaching from Ashland University, master’s degree in middle childhood curriculum and instruction from Ashland and bachelor’s degree in sociology from OSU. Previously, middle school teacher with Marion City Schools.
- Jessica Miller, assistant professor of athletic training and associate athletic trainer. Master’s degree in exercise science and health promotion from California University of Pennsylvania and bachelor’s degree in education with major in athletic training from Wright State University. Previously, athletic trainer and assistant professor at Marietta College.
- Brian Saxton, assistant professor of management. Ph.D. candidate at OSU, MBA from Cleveland State University and bachelor’s degrees in business administration and political science from Bowling Green State University. Joining faculty in January 2013.
- Dr. Ken Snead, visiting professor of accounting. Ph.D. in business administration with major in accounting from the University of South Carolina, master’s degree from USC and bachelor’s degree in accounting from OSU. Currently the director of Graduate Studies in Accounting at BGSU.
- Chunzhi Song and Zhang Mengya, visiting professors from China. Chunzhi Song, who goes by “Song,” has a master’s degree in Chinese language and a bachelor’s degree in Chinese language and literature from Harbin Normal University. Zhang Mengya, who goes by “Elizabeth,” has a master’s degree in English literature and culture and a bachelor’s degree in English education from Tianjin Normal University.