Heidelberg University honored faculty and staff who completed milestone years of service in 2012 at the annual Employee Recognition Luncheon on Thursday, Jan. 31. In all, the 34 honorees have contributed 425 years of service to the university.
In addition to the service awards, the annual Jeannine Curns Distinguished Service Awards for administrative and support staff were presented. The awards honor the long-time service of Curns, who recently retired after 48 years in various administrative positions at Heidelberg.
The winner of the Curns Award for Administrative Staff is Cindy Hay, assistant registrar. Ronda Winkler, payroll officer, received the Curns Award for Support Staff. The honorees are nominated by their colleagues and selected by a committee of their peers.
Those receiving service awards were:
- 35 years: Dr. Kathryn Venema, associate vice president for Institutional Advancement and Alumni Relations.
- 30 years: Dr. Gary E. Dickerson, associate dean of arts and humanities and professor of communication & theatre arts; Dr. William Reyer, professor of English; and Susan Rife, associate director of Admissions.
- 25 years: Dr. Pamela Faber, professor of biology and department chair.
- 20 years: Dr. William Grasman, professor of mathematics; Terry Magers, Office Services assistant; and Ginny Mesnard, administrative assistant to the vice president for Enrollment Management.
- 15 years: Dr. David Kimmel, associate professor of English; Dr. Jo-Ann Lipford Sanders, associate dean and director of graduate counseling and professor of counseling; Tobey Robison, assistant director of Information Technology for Integrated Systems and database analyst; and Jenny Shetterly, coordinator of the Instructional Media Center.
- 10 years: Nik Boyer, operations/transportation manager; Dustin Brentlinger, dean of students; Donna Hefner, Business Office assistant; Lindsay Kagy, administrative assistant in Student Affairs; Wendy Kelbley, administrative assistant to science faculty; Linda Mapus, assistant in Financial Aid and data entry clerk; Ryan Musgrave, clinical education coordinator and assistant professor of athletic training, assistant athletic trainer; Linda Stine, assistant professor of business administration and accounting; and Dr. James Troha, vice president for Institutional Advancement & University Relations.
- Five years: Kyle Ardner, groundskeeper; Trevor Bates, associate dean of health sciences, director, associate professor and chair of the Athletic Training Education Program; Kevin Bohn, groundskeeper; Dr. Carol Dusdieker, assistant professor of voice; Michael Fehlen, controller; Chad Fitzgerald, associate head baseball coach and instructor of human performance and sports studies; Michael Hallett, head football coach and instructor of human performance and sports studies; Ashley Helmstetter, director of annual giving and alumni engagement; Rod Morrison, associate vice president for facilities and engineering; Keri Newell, transcripts specialist and Admissions assistant; Ray Pollard, custodian; Teresa Schmidt, administrative assistant in Student Affairs; and Rev. Paul Stark, director of Campus Ministries and Religious Life.