Important Information

Policy for Student Accounts

This information is provided in order to assist you with understanding the billing and payment procedures.


You student bill be sent to your Heidelberg email on a monthly basis.  The first billing for the fall semester will be sent to you early July.  Spring semester bills will be sent early December.  Payment of your semester account balance is on August 1st for the fall semester and January 2nd for the spring semester. 

Your student bill will list your tuition, room, meal plan, other fees and pending financial aid.

If you make changes in your registration or housing status after the semester due date, and these changes result in a balance due, you are responsible for the payment at the time the change occurs.  Although you may request a new billing invoice at any time, an easy way to stay informed is to check your student account online.

Financial Aid:

Your bill will reflect your financial aid eligibility only after you have signed and returned you award letter.  Pending financial aid will then appear under the "Memos and Authorizations" section of your bill and will reduce the amount you will be expected to pay.

Tuition Payment Plan:

A tuition payment plan will be sent to you electronically for the award year.  This payment plan will indicate your direct charges and your financial aid that was awarded.  This form must returned to the Financial Aid Office and which payment option you wish to choose.

Direct Student Loans:

Pending Direct loans (subsidized and unsubsidized) will appear on your bill as a memo or an authorization if all paperwork is complete.  If you are a first time borrower, you will need to complete the Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note by going to  A Direct Parent Loan can be applied by going to and requesting Direct Parent Loan.  This will require a credit check and if approved a Master Promissory Note will need to be complete.  You only need to complete one Master Promissory Note.  Returning students will need to request the amount.

Perkins Loan:

A pending Perkins Loan will appear on your bill as a memo item.  At the beginning of each award year, you must complete all required paperwork for the loan to be disbursed.


A work-study award may be part of your financial aid package.  However, this award is not a guarantee of employment and will not be deducted from your bill.  If you are employed in a work-study position, you must complete the employment forms that are available in the Business Office in University Hall.  Once these forms are complete, your funds will be direct deposited into your bank account.