September - December
- Apply for admission.
- Talk to your parents about funding for college costs. If parent loans are being considered or your parent may need to co-sign for a private loan for you, make sure their credit is in order.
- Begin to explore outside scholarship opportunities through the high school, local community or scholarships found on web sites such as www.Fastweb.com or www.Finaid.org.
- Complete the Net Price Calculator to get an idea of how much financial aid you might receive.
- Ask if your high school will host a Financial Aid program to learn more about the financial aid process from a financial aid administrator.
- If you are a male over 17, make sure you are registered with the Selective Service to be eligible for any federal or state financial aid.
January - May
- Create your FSA ID. This ID confirms your identity when you access federal websites. Both student and parent will need to obtain a FSA ID.
- Encourage your parents to complete their federal tax return as early as possible.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after January 1st. We recommend you file by March 1st and after federal tax returns have been filed for accurate reporting.
- Go to FAFSA on the Web to complete the form. Our federal code number is 0003048.
- Once you complete your FAFSA, results should be received via e-mail the next business day after the electronic submission. If corrections are needed, correct and return it to the FAFSA processor promptly.
- Financial aid awards are sent to prospective students beginning in late February to students for whom we have received FAFSA results and have been accepted to Heidelberg. We package on a rolling basis.
- Review aid award, contact the Financial Aid Office with questions. Complete requested paperwork and return as soon as possible.
- Review payment options with parents. If additional loans are needed review loan options.