Heidelberg Fellows, an unincorporated association, was established to bring together those alumni, friends, foundations, corporations, and other persons who have the sincere desire to assist and support Heidelberg University in its mission.
The Heidelberg Fellows was established in 1950 to strengthen and support Heidelberg University by providing a mechanism to encourage and recognize unrestricted gifts to the Heidelberg Fund as well as to encourage volunteer leadership and participation in the life of the University. Today, all annual gifts received for the operation of the University are recognized by this association.
Recognition in the Heidelberg Fellows is designated as follows:
|W. Terry Wickham||$25,000 and above|
|George W. Williard||$10,000 - $24,999|
|Henry Leonard||$5,000 - $9,999|
|Charles E. Miller||$2,500 - $4,999|
|Emanuel V. Gerhart||$1,000 - $2,499|
|Edson J. Brown||$500 - $999|
|Fellows||$250 - $499|
|Young Alumni Fellows||$50|
The officers of the Heidelberg Fellows shall consist of President, Vice President, and Secretary, who shall be advised in their roles by the person responsible for Heidelberg’s Annual Giving program.
The President, Vice President, and Secretary shall be elected by the Fellows membership for a two-year term of office.
The officers shall perform the duties customary and usually incident to such offices.
The Annual Meeting shall be held each fall on the campus of Heidelberg University. All members of the Association shall be invited along with friends and guests of the University.
Special and Regional Meetings may be called by the President of the Fellows.
V. Fellows Advisory Council
The Advisory Council shall include the officers and others of the Association as needed.
The Advisory Council
- Provides such advice and counsel to incumbent officers and committees as is requested, or is deemed appropriate by the council;
- Submits names for the elective offices at the Annual Meeting;
- Is responsible for the program of the Annual Meeting;
- Is charged with the enrollment of new Fellows;
- Acquaints itself with the physical needs of Heidelberg University and shall submit recommendations to the Fellows to support those needs, and
- Assists University Administration in the execution of the strategic enrollment plan.
These bylaws may be amended by a 75 percent vote of those present at any regular or specially called meeting of the Heidelberg Fellows Advisory Council provided notice of the proposed amendment is given to all council members at least two weeks prior to such meeting.