Director of Media Communication Center
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of the Media Communication Center to begin August 1, 2013. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Heidelberg University Department of Communication and Theatre Arts (CTA) seeks a qualified, experienced, full-time Director for the Department’s Media Communication Center (MCC). The MCC houses the campus FM radio and television stations and a commercial AM station.
This position, which will report to the Associate Dean of Arts and Humanities, will direct the operations, programming, and activities of the MCC and serve as an instructor of media production courses. The MCC director will supervise the work of Heidelberg’s Media Producer and Coordinator. Preference will be given to candidates with media management, production, programming and teaching experience in a university setting.
- Master’s degree in communication or related field preferred extensive broad media industry experience may be considered in lieu of masters degree.
- At least 5 years experience preferred in radio and television production and broadcasting, including management/supervisory responsibilities; purchasing, installing, and servicing equipment; and maintaining FCC records and logs
- Knowledge of current technology and methods for producing and disseminating radio and television programming, including streaming audio and video, social media, podcasting and vodcasting
- Expertise in field and studio production techniques, audio and video equipment, and related software, including Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe
- Understanding of FCC licensing and compliance and cable franchise agreements
- Ability to advise campus radio and television stations and related student organizations
- Ability to teach media and communication courses (including experiential learning and other production-based or media management courses) and to advise and/or collaborate on production and broadcasting projects with all key constituencies
- Strong organizational, writing, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work well under deadline pressure, balance multiple priority tasks, and perform well in both independent and cooperative situations.
- Ability to form creative partnerships with community members.
Heidelberg University is located in northwest Ohio with an enrollment of over 1400 students in undergraduate, graduate and off-campus programs. From its founding in 1850, Heidelberg University has believed in the dignity of the individual and is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution. Heidelberg does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, political affiliation, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation or disability in the administration of its admission policies, educational policies and programs, financial aid programs, employment practices and athletic and other school-administered programs and activities.
To apply, complete the online application; include a cover letter, resume and references.Review of applications will begin July 1, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, applications should be received by June 30, 2013.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.