Graduate Assistant for the Department of Athletic Training
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking a Graduate Assistant for the Department of Athletic Training. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction. Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
Reporting to the Coordinator of AT Services, the Graduate Assistant for Athletic Training is a ten-month appointment beginning August 1, 2014 and is renewable for one consecutive year (total 2 year term).
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Report to the Coordinator of AT Services. The GA Athletic Trainer will assist in evaluating injuries, administering treatments, and implementing rehabilitation programs to a variety of varsity intercollegiate athletes, focusing on Soccer, Wrestling and Softball with other coverage as assigned.
- GA Athletic Trainer will have some direct involvement with CAATE Accredited ATEP curriculum.
- Coverage of home and away events as assigned by the Coordinator of AT Services.
- Participation in mentoring program by AT Faculty to improve leadership and teaching skills.
- Supervision, mentoring and evaluation of Athletic Training Students
- Other duties as assigned by Chair of Athletic Training.
- Acceptance into the MAE Graduate Studies Program at Heidelberg University.
- Successful passage of the Board of Certification (BOC®) Exam.
- License to practice Athletic Training in Ohio.
- Undergraduate Athletic Training experience with varsity sports.
Compensation: Candidate selected for this Graduate Assistant appointment will receive: 1) Full Graduate Tuition Waiver, 2) Room & Board, 3) Stipend, and 4) Funds towards professional development. Additional funding may be available via coverage of summer camps.
Application Process: Complete the online application and submit:
- Letter of Application addressing qualifications, responsibilities and goals
- BOC® exam date or certification number
- Current Professional Resume
- Three confidential letters of recommendation addressing the candidates’ Athletic Training knowledge, professionalism, and clinical skills
- Official copy of all undergraduate transcripts
- Transcripts may also be mailed to: Attn: Coordinator of AT Services – Saurwein Health & Wellness Center, Heidelberg University 310 E. Market Street, Tiffin, OH 44883
Graduate studies program information may be obtained via: http://www.heidelberg.edu/academiclife/graduateprograms
Information regarding qualifications & to obtain a valid Ohio Athletic Training License: http://otptat.ohio.gov/
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.