Graduate Assistant for the Department of Athletic Training
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking a Graduate Assistant for the Department of Athletic Training. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction. Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
Reporting to the Coordinator of AT Services, the Graduate Assistant for Athletic Training is a ten-month appointment beginning August 1, 2014 and is renewable for one consecutive year (total 2 year term).
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Report to the Coordinator of AT Services. The GA Athletic Trainer will assist in evaluating injuries, administering treatments, and implementing rehabilitation programs to a variety of varsity intercollegiate athletes, focusing on Soccer, Wrestling and Softball with other coverage as assigned.
- GA Athletic Trainer will have some direct involvement with CAATE Accredited ATEP curriculum.
- Coverage of home and away events as assigned by the Coordinator of AT Services.
- Participation in mentoring program by AT Faculty to improve leadership and teaching skills.
- Supervision, mentoring and evaluation of Athletic Training Students
- Other duties as assigned by Chair of Athletic Training.
- Acceptance into the MAE Graduate Studies Program at Heidelberg University.
- Successful passage of the Board of Certification (BOC®) Exam.
- License to practice Athletic Training in Ohio.
- Undergraduate Athletic Training experience with varsity sports.
Compensation: Candidate selected for this Graduate Assistant appointment will receive: 1) Full Graduate Tuition Waiver, 2) Room & Board, 3) Stipend, and 4) Funds towards professional development. Additional funding may be available via coverage of summer camps.
Application Process: Complete the online application and submit:
- Letter of Application addressing qualifications, responsibilities and goals
- BOC® exam date or certification number
- Current Professional Resume
- Three confidential letters of recommendation addressing the candidates’ Athletic Training knowledge, professionalism, and clinical skills
- Official copy of all undergraduate transcripts
- Transcripts may also be mailed to: Attn: Coordinator of AT Services – Saurwein Health & Wellness Center, Heidelberg University 310 E. Market Street, Tiffin, OH 44883
For consideration, complete the online application. Review of candidates will begin February 21, 2014 and continue until position is filled.
Graduate studies program information may be obtained via: http://www.heidelberg.edu/academiclife/graduateprograms
Information regarding qualifications & to obtain a valid Ohio Athletic Training License: http://otptat.ohio.gov/
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.