Evening Supervisor / Circulation Assistant for Beeghly Library
Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of part-time Evening Supervisor / Circulation Assistant for Beeghly Library. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The Evening Supervisor / Circulation Assistant works 20 hrs per week with a typical schedule of 7p – 11p, Sunday – Thursday. During summer break and University holidays working hours may vary. The position, reporting to the Circulation Supervisor and the Director of Library Services will serve as both front desk attendant and as the supervisor to student Library employees in order to maintain a positive customer service experience for all Library patrons. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in library services, including:
- Supervise the library's circulation desk.
- Provide access to library materials, including overseeing loans to library users.
- Supervise library closing procedures.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain and report on statistical data for library services.
- Ability to perform duties with a positive work ethic.
- Ability to work both independently as well as cooperatively in a team setting.
- Exceptional self-motivation, integrity, and creativity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and balance competing priorities.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with staff and all offices across campus to deliver high quality customer service.
- A commitment to support the University’s mission and values.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work. The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree in library science or related field complemented by relevant experience. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
For consideration, complete the online application. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.