Heidelberg University’s Beeghly Library has an immediate opening for a Reference and Instruction Librarian. As the primary provider of reference and instruction services, the candidate must place a strong focus on teaching the information literacy and critical thinking abilities required by the new undergraduate curriculum. This position is an integral part of a small reference department serving undergraduate and masters’ level students. It provides an excellent opportunity for gaining professional experience working within a variety of library functions.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide quality reference services and effective library instruction, with the goal of further developing an information literacy program, including assessment of the program.
- Utilize virtual references services and other products, including IM, LibGuides, and Moodle course management system.
- Collaborate with the other reference librarians, and often faculty, in designing programs, expanding outreach, delivering services, and evaluating outcomes.
- Participate in essential library responsibilities of weeding, collection development, circulation, customer service, and assessment of library reference services.
Other duties as required or assigned in support of the University’s mission and core values.
The Reference and Instruction Librarian is encouraged to participate in campus committees, activities, and events. The position requires evening and weekend reference desk duty on a rotating basis.
Beeghly Library is a member of the OhioLINK and OPAL Ohio library consortia.
- ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS
- Relevant experience in providing reference service and/or relevant coursework
- Teaching experience, including information literacy instruction.
- A second Master’s degree in physical or health sciences; and/or
- Relevant experience with additional instructional experience.
Review of applications will begin as received. Applications will not be accepted after September 20. Starting date is immediate.
To apply for this position, complete the online application. Applications should include a cover letter addressing qualifications, a resume, and names of at least three references. Minorities are encouraged to apply. Heidelberg University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.