Owens Community College

Institutional Articulation

Graduates from Owens Community College who hold an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree including a minimum of sixty (60) semester hours or equivalent of Owens collegiate work or accredited transfers to Owens and who meet the admission requirements of Heidelberg University, will be admitted with full junior status.

Students who have completed an Associate degree other than an AA or AS, or prior to completion of the AA degree, are also welcome to apply to Heidelberg. Transfer credit will be evaluated on a course by course basis and applied toward the student’s class standing and Heidelberg’s degree requirements.

Course by Course Transfer Guide for Owens Community College (revised 5/2/11).

Dual Admission Program

This program is designed so students can complete their Associates degree at Owens Community College and then transfer seamlessly to Heidelberg University to finish their Bachelor’s degree. While in the dual admission program, students may enroll in one course per semester for up to four semesters at Heidelberg while enrolled at Owens. Students pay the Owens tuition rate for the Heidelberg course. Additional information

Exercise Science Agreement

Students who earn an Associate of Science in Exercise Science have several options to earn a Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree. Students should work with their advisor and use these 4-year plans as guides toward completing their degrees. Students with a completed AA or AS degree will have all of Heidelberg's general education requirements met upon transfer.