- What is BergApps?
- What is the uptime for BergApps?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- What about accessibility?
BergApps, our implementation of Google Apps for Education, is a powerful communication and collaboration suite availalbe to all students, faculty, and staff. BergApps includes the following supported tools that are part of the Google Apps for Education Suite:
- provides our users with unlimited email storage, highly effective spam filtering, and powerful search integrated with voice and video chat
- Google Calendar
- allows our users to easily coordinate class and meeting schedules online
- Google Drive / Google Docs / Sheets / Slides
- gives our users tools to create and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms, and drawings in real-time, as well as upload and share any file type
- provides unlimited storage space, accessible from almost any device, anywhere, any time
- Google Hangouts
- lets our users send instant messages to contacts for free anytime, anywhere in the world
- provides cross-platform audio and videoconferencing tools, screen sharing, etc.
- Google Sites
- provides our users with tools to work together to keep related documents, personal web content, and other information in one place, on one site
- Google Groups for Business
- allows campus groups, organizations, and other units to collaborate online via forums, access control, etc.
Because these tools are Powered by Google, our users know that they will be available anytime, anywhere, on both desktop and mobile platforms. The BergApps login also provides access to additional tools underneath the Google umbrella (e.g. Google+, Blogger, YouTube, etc.). See our Terms of Service page for more information.
Google guarantees that their system will be available at least 99.9% of the time, ensuring that our users will have access whenever they need it.
Your BergApps account (@heidelberg.edu) is completely separate from any personal Google account you may already use. They will not be combined, and you will need to log in separately with each account's credentials to check email unless you set up forwarding or have one account check the other. Any private "@gmail.com" account will not change.
Google provides this Google Apps User Guide to Accessibility, with resources and information about using Google Apps with assistive technologies.