What We Offer
Through a licensing agreement with Symantec Corporation, Heidelberg University is able to offer Symantec Endpoint Protection free of charge to students who have Windows-based computers connected through the on-campus residential network ("ResNet"). Read the section entitled "What You Need To Do" below to learn how to download and install Symantec Endpoint Protection on your computer.
In addition, we recommend that students download and install the freeware version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware for detection and removal of malware/spyware. You can download the latest version of Malewarebytes' Anti-Malware here; to learn more about this tool, visit the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware official site (http://malwarebytes.org/).
What You Need To Do
If you are a currently enrolled Heidelberg University student with a personal computer connected to the Internet via our on-campus ResNet, you can download and install this software package.
If you are a currently enrolled Heidelberg University student, you are entitled to install and run our distribution of Symantec Endpoint Protection on one (1) personal computer, owned by you and connected to the on-campus ResNet network.
By downloading, installing and/or using this software, you agree that
- You will uninstall your copy of Symantec Endpoint Protection obtained through this program when you are no longer a currently enrolled Heidelberg University student. You are legally obligated to remove this software when you are no longer enrolled at the University.
- You will install and use this software only on one (1) personal computer, owned by you and connected to the campus ResNet.
- You will use this software only in compliance with this agreement and with the University's agreement with Symantec Corporation, the terms of which are available from the Computer Center.
- You will hold harmless Heidelberg University and its employees from the effects of the installation and use of this software on your computer.
- Heidelberg University is not responsible for the loss of data or computer operation as a result of the installation or use of this software.
- You are responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of this software.
- You will not use this software for commercial profit or gain.
- Heidelberg University makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the performance or effects of this software.
Heidelberg University reserves the right to change, amend or cancel these policies or this software provision program at any time.
Installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection software package
- Make certain you have read the agreement outlined above.
- Follow the link below to download the software package.
You will need your Heidelberg NetID and password (not your 9-digit OASIS2 ID) to access the download site.
Recall that your NetID and password are the user name portion of your Heidelberg email address (without the "@heidelberg.edu") and its associated password.
If you have forgotten your NetID and password, use your OASIS2 access to retrieve that information. If you have additional questions, contact the Help Desk at extension 2088.