Personal Computer Recommendations
About 70% of student-owned computers on campus run Windows, and about 30% run MAC OS X, with some Linux mixed in too. If you are bringing a personal computer to campus, please review our recommendations for Windows and MAC OS computers:
|PC Recommendation||Apple Recommendation|
|Operating System||Windows 10||MAC OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)|
|RAM ("Memory")||4 GB or more (more is better)||4 GB or more (more is better)|
|Hard Drive||256 GB Solid-State Drive (SSD) or better||256 GB PCIe-based flash storage or better|
|Network||802.11n wireless||802.11n wireless|
|Warranty||3-year warranty||3-year AppleCare Protection Plan|
|Education Pricing||http://store.apple.com/us-hed/findyourschool (Admitted or enrolled students)|
|Specifications subject to change without notice.
Questions? To contact us, please email the HelpDesk.
In addition, please consider the following:
- Microsoft Office 365 (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) is available at no additional charge to full-time students. Click here for information on how to download and install it. This can be done from home before you arrive on campus.
- BergApps (Google Apps for Education) is available to all students and offers unlimited email and document storage (Gmail and Google Drive). You can learn more about using BergApps at the Google Apps Learning Center.
- All residence halls offer wireless service in addition to wired Ethernet connections. If you desire to use a wired Ethernet connection, we recommend a 20-foot CAT 5e or CAT 6 network cable. These cables are available at the Bookstore and elsewhere.
- Consider purchasing an inexpensive inkjet printer for convenient in-room printing. The University provides measured B/W laser printing in all computer labs and Beeghly Library and in all residence halls.
- Consider purchasing a surge suppressor to protect your computer and other electronics.
- Smart TVs, smart phones, video game consoles, tablets and other devices are all welcome on our network and most of these devices will connect to the network seamlessly. If you find that is not the case, once you arrive on campus, please fill out a help desk form for further assistance.