Welcome to CNIT!
- Before you arrive: About your IDs and Passwords
- Before you arrive: Preparing Your Computer
- When you arrive: Connecting to the Network (Wired & Wireless)
CNIT is an acronym for Computer, Network & Information Technology, the department which supports Heidelberg students, faculty, staff and researchers in their use of technology. CNIT furnishes the university with the necessary technology infrastructure including:
- data network (wired and wireless)
- video system (cable television and video distribution services)
- voice system (telephone and voice mail)
We also manage many services offered over that campus infrastructure:
- Internet connectivity
- networking services (e.g. web services, file and print services, online course management systems, etc.)
- BergApps (our web-based email, calendaring, and collaboration tool)
- Moodle (the learning management system used on campus)
- administrative and academic database systems (Banner, OASIS, DegreeWorks)
- the educational technology needs of the campus (e.g. faculty services, smart classrooms, etc.)
Select an area from the left-side menu for more information from CNIT.