- A room change from an assigned room is permitted only as space or circumstance allow.
- Room change requests will not be granted during the first two weeks of classes of any semester (referred to as “Room Freeze”).
- Students may not move to a new residence hall room, apartment, or University-owned house without the prior authorization of the Campus Life Office. Students who wish to request a room change must first contact their Resident Assistant to obtain a Room Change Request Form.
- Before obtaining approval for a room change, students are required to communicate their intention to change rooms to their building staff, roommate and future roommate.
- Students who change rooms or exchange keys without authorization will be subject to fines and disciplinary action, which may include loss of future room selection privileges.
- Protocol for room changes can be found on the Campus Life webpage and on the back of the Room
Change Application Form.