Heidelberg University has a four-year residency requirement for its traditional students. Students may be permitted to live off campus by meeting one of two sets of qualifications, listed below. Please note that students must re-apply to continue their status each year.
An application for commuter living is required of all students who wish to travel to school from the home of a parent or legal guardian. Students who wish to apply for commuter status must re-apply each year and meet both of these requirements:
- Reside with their parent(s) (legal guardian)
- Reside within a 50 mile radius of Heidelberg University, determined by Google Maps, from 310 E. Market St., Tiffin, Ohio 44883.
Off Campus living is a special privilege granted to a limited number of students enrolled at Heidelberg University. An application/contract for this living arrangement is required of all interested students.
A student may apply for Off-campus housing if they meet one or more of the following requirements:
- 23 years of age or older before August 20th. Age will be verified with University records.
- Married or the parent of a dependent minor child. Copy of marriage or birth certificate must be submitted with Off Campus request.
- Successful completion of 75 credit hours from Heidelberg University as of January 1st of the prior year and a 2.75 CUM GPA. Academic status will be verified with the Registrar.
There will be a cap of 60 on the number of students approved to live off campus; therefore, approval to live off campus cannot be guaranteed, even if a student qualifies. Once a student is approved to live off campus by the Campus Life Office, a Landlord Agreement Form must be submitted. Landlord Agreement Forms are due by August 1st. Room and board charges will be assessed if all documentation is not complete.
Timeline for Returning Commuter/Off Campus Applicants
|Starting: Mon, Feb 2||Commuter/Off Campus Applications Available|
|Fri, Mar 27 @ 4:30 pm||Commuter/Off Campus Applications Due
|Mon, Aug 3 @ 4:30 pm||Landlord Agreements Due- from students approved for off campus status|
Timeline for New Student Commuter Applicants
Commuter forms from new student applicants should be submitted as soon as the student is admitted to the university.
Links to our forms are posted on the Residence Life page.