Instructions for Participating in Online Housing Selection
The online housing selection lottery takes place online in April of each year for the next academic year. To assist students with the process, refer to the following:
- How Do I Get Housing for Next Year?
- How are Times Assigned?
- Choosing a Room
- When are Rooms Offered?
- Selecting Roommates
- No Roomate?
- Buyouts/Occupancy & Requirements/Waiting Lists
Returning students are housed through several processes:
- Themed/Greek Housing (February)
- Honors Housing (March)
- Housing Selection Lottery (Mon, April 14 and Wed, April 16)
- Placed by Campus Life (August)
To receive housing, students must:
- Complete a Returning Student Housing Application in MyHousing
- Clear all judicial, financial, and registration holds (Business Office)
- Register full-time for fall classes (Registrar's Office)
Priority Deadline: Monday, April 7
Roommate Selection: Begins Wednesday, April 9
Contact Campus Life if you become eligible after the deadline
Times are assigned based on credit hours earned and cumulative GPA
- Students are grouped by number of credit hours earned
- Within groups, students are ranked by GPA
Eligibility is based on estimated hours earned by the end of spring semester (verified once grades are final). All students in group must qualify to live in desired space.
- Brown Hall, Talmage Hall, France Hall (female): All classes
- Miller Hall: 24+ credits
- Williard Hall, Senior Apartments: 56+ credits
- King Hall: 0-55 credits
Day 1: Apartments, Suites, Triples (Mon, April 14)
- Miller Hall Full Suites (2-5 people)
- Williard Hall/Senior Apartments (2-4 people)
- France Hall Triples
Day 2: Doubles, Singles (Wed, April 16)
- Brown, France, King, Talmage Hall Doubles and Singles
- Miller Hall Half Suites (1-2 people)
If you are unable to claim a suite on Day 1, you may regroup for Day 2.
Guidelines for Returning Undergraduates:
- Roommate selection begins Wednesday, April 9
- Your roommate is only available in a search if they are eligible for the lottery
- Your group size and intended room size must match
- You and your roommates must be eligible to live in space you are trying to select
- Students who enter the lottery individually will only be able to view spaces for one (singles)
- Individual students may have issues finding an available space
- Search for a backup roommate ahead of time
- Sign up in binder in Campus Life Office
- Contact Campus Life and a placement will be made based on application preferences
- No buyouts can be permitted until Campus Life has finished placing all fall semester students
- Williard Hall, Senior Apartments and on-campus houses are required to remain at full occupancy
- Waiting lists will be kept for singles starting the day of the lottery, through the start of classes. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
Refer to the following:
- Posters located in every on-campus community
- E-mail reminders sent by the Campus Life Office
- Webpage: http://www.heidelberg.edu/studentlife/residencelife
If your question is not covered, contact: Stephanie Lehman, 419-448-2214, email@example.com