Are you preparing for a full-time job interview? Maybe you would like some practice before interviewing for an internship. Career Development can help you polish your interviewing skills!
Before you interview, make certain you have done your homework - focus your research on the following areas:
- Know Yourself (Skills, Interests, Goals, Potential Contributions to an Organization)
- Know the Job (Study the Job Description, Research Similar Positions, Gather Average Salary Data)
- Know the Company (Mission, Goals, Locations, Future Directions)
- Know the Industry (Trends, Technology, Current Issues)
The National Association of Colleges and Employers offers the most accurate compensation data available. You can access the NACE Salary Calculator Center.
Complete your Online Mock Interview at Perfect Interview:
Interactive Interview Website:
Test your interviewing skills with Nail The Interview!
Interview Handouts / Links:
- Practice Interview Questions
- How to Answer the Top 10 Interview Questions
- Great Answers to Tough Interview Questions
- Teacher Candidate Interview Questions
- Questions You Can Ask in an Interview
- Dress for Success
- Post-Interview Thank You Letter Worksheet
Informational Interviewing is a helpful way to explore different career options. Informational Interviewing involves speaking to a professional in a career field that interests you, and asking frank questions to help you make an informed decision about whether or not to pursue that career.
- Exploring Careers Through Informational Interviewing
- Informational Interviewing Questions
- Informational Interviewing Article from Occupational Outlook Quarterly
Would you like to test the waters with a Mock Interview before you jump into the real thing? The Academic & Career Support Center provides Mock Interviews. Call 419.448.2301 for details. You can always complete an online mock interview with Perfect Interview, anywhere you have Internet access!