Are you interested in leading a group of students to volunteer during a Fall, Winter, or Spring break? Student leaders have the ability to choose a service site and advisor of their choice for their preferred Alternative Break. Through this experience, student leaders will develop their understanding of service learning, program planning and implementation, leadership skills, written and spoken communication, time management skills, and research abilities. In return, Student leaders will have a discount (75% for domestic trips and 50% for trips that require airfare) on the cost of the trip for their efforts to coordinate the trip.
Responsibilities of Student Leader
- Develop a service project with a site of your choice
- Coordinate host-site, lodging, and transportation
- Reserve space for 11 or 22 volunteers at your choice of service site
- Assist with the recruitment and selection of student participants
- Create a trip itinerary, budgeting, and fundraising for trip
- Schedule weekly meetings with team and chosen advisor
- Train student team leaders in their coordinated positions
- Submit transportation request for Krammes vehicles
- Develop and facilitate daily service learning reflections during trip
- Maintain contact with students, advisors, site, lodging, and HU staff.
Applications due April 19th and interviews will take place during the week of April 22nd.