Heidelberg University is challenging students, faculty, staff, alumni, trustees and friends to complete 10 hours of service each semester for the community of Tiffin and beyond. It is our goal to see as many of you engaged in the community as possible and truly share the wealth that is in service learning. There are numerous organizations, agencies, and churches that are working together to make the city of Tiffin as strong as possible and they need your help. Do you have a hand in cleaning, organizing, visiting with individuals in need, farming, or perhaps construction? Do you have ten hours this semester to spare?
We challenge you to help make a difference. In the ‘Berg Service Challenge we ask that you commit ten hours of your semester to the community of Tiffin:
- Visit the Service Opportunities page to find a list of organizations that are in our community to work with for your ten hours. You are also invited to visit the Director of Civic Engagement, Paul Sittason Stark, or the Civic Engagement Graduate Intern, Laurie Kaltenmeier, to learn of more organizations.
- Make the contact with the organization and you will track your own hours by an honor code.
- Fill out the form to make the commitment
- Upon completion of the semester you will be contacted to complete a brief survey to reflect on your experience.
Report your hours on BergLink
When reporting hours please log on to Berg Link (Collegiate Link) with your e-mail username and password and do the following:
- List Heidelberg Organization you wish to report your hours for
- Select the date on which your service occurred
- Enter a description of the service you provided
- Enter the total time you served in the format H:MM (e.g, 1:30)
- Enter 'Jessica Fincham' to verify your hours
Upon this completion you should receive a service pin within one week. Towards the end of the semester you will be notified to complete a quick online survey about your experience in completing the challenge.
Thank you for accepting the challenge and committing to service!