Frequently Asked Questions about International Affairs & Studies

I have a question regarding my immigration status or need my I-20 signed, who can help me?

Julie Arnold, DSO and ARO, can assist students and faculty with immigration issues.

Who should I contact to write a letter of invitation to campus for family members that would like to come to the U.S. and visit me?

Julie Arnold, Director of International Affairs & Studies

Do I need to bring a pillow and bedding to campus?

Heidelberg will provide suitable bedding for incoming undergraduate international students. This will include: sheets, mattress pad, blanket, pillow, and towels.

What is the nearest airport to campus?

Detroit, Columbus and Cleveland are equally a 1.5 hour drive from campus.

I need to sign up for orientation online, where do I access the VZ Orientation website?

Do I need to take a Math placement test before I arrive?

Yes, visit the orientation website.

I need to submit health forms prior to orientation, where can I access the health forms?

Visit the orientation website.

Do I need to buy health insurance if I am covered internationally on my health care plan in my home country?

Yes, it is mandatory for every international student to purchase health insurance through Heidelberg. The cost of the health insurance is approximately $1,300 annually. Your health insurance plan is effective from August to August. The cost of the insurance is included with your tuition and fees.

How do I pay my bill?

Current students can go to the Business Office in University Hall to pay their bills. If a student or parent would like to pay fees prior to arrival or from home, they can pay via credit card by calling 419-448-2000 or process a wire transfer. To process a wire transfer, please refer to the following for Bank Payment Information:

Routing Number: 042000314
A/C#: 802-01442
Swift Code: FTBCUS3C
Fifth Third Bank
513 W. Market St.
Tiffin, OH 44883

Where can I stay during breaks?

Residence halls are generally closed during longer breaks, but special permission to stay in your room can be approved by the Director of Residence Life. A form must be submitted and a fee will be charged.

How do I set up my Heidelberg email account?

After you sign up for orientation, you will receive an email with detailed instruction on how to set up your Heidelberg email account, including your login and password.

I want to make flight arrangements for next semester, what are the important dates on the academic calendar?

Visit the academic calendar. Or see the Shuttle Schedule.