First contact: Campus Security
Designated Emergency Response Number: 419-448-2211
Second contact: Krammes Service Center (Physical Plant), 419-448-2391
- If you are TRAPPED in an elevator, pick up the emergency phone to notify the Heidelberg University Department of Safety and Security. If the phone is inoperable, turn on the emergency alarm, which will signal for help. When someone responds, instruct them to contact the Heidelberg University Department of Safety and Security. Security will then call the Tiffin Fire Department. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EXIT A STALLED ELEVATOR UNLESS TOLD TO DO SO BY EMERGENCY RESCUE STAFF.
- If stranded in an elevator, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FORCE OPEN THE ELEVATOR DOORS. BE PATIENT.
- If you receive notice that an elevator has malfunctioned, notify Security at the designated emergency response number. Provide the following information:
- Your name
- Present situation
- A person stranded in an elevator needs to be reassured that his/her alarm has been noticed and help is coming. Keep in contact until help arrives.
- If you find an inoperative elevator without occupants, notify Security and Krammes Service Center