First contact: Tiffin Fire Department
Designated Emergency Response Number: 911 (9-911 from campus phone)
Second contact: Campus Security. 419-48-2211
- In case of fire, activate the nearest fire alarm Take appropriate precautions to assure your personal safety.
- When you are in a safe area, away from the fire, call the Tiffin Fire Department at the designated emergency response number (911) (9-911 from a campus phone). Give your name and the exact location of the fire (building, floor, room, etc.). Be sure to stay on the phone until released by the emergency operator. Follow-up with a call to Security at the designated emergency response number.
- Evacuate the building by the nearest uninvolved exit. If persons with disabilities cannot safely evacuate the building, assist them to the nearest uninvolved stairwell. Alert emergency personnel of their location.
- Always evacuate a building when the alarm is ringing.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS. DO NOT PANIC.
- Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 100 feet away from the affected building and follow instructions from fire personnel. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO OR ENTER AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by a City of Tiffin Fire Department official.
- The Director of Security will assess the situation, and notify the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment and the Associate Vice President of Engineering and Facilities.