First contact: Tiffin Fire Department at 911 (9-911 from a campus phone)
Second contact: Security
Designated Emergency Response Number: 419-448-2211
Third contact: Krammes Service Center (Physical Plant), 419-448-2391
- If you smell natural gas and suspect a large/significant gas leak, evacuate area and activate the fire alarm outside the area of the leak.
- DO NOT SWITCH ON OR OFF ANY LIGHTS OR ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT.
- Evacuate the building by the nearest exit. Notify other building occupants to do so as well. If persons with disabilities cannot safely evacuate the building, assist them to the nearest stairwell away from the emergency area. Alert emergency personnel of their location.
- DO NOT USE ELEVATORS. DO NOT PANIC.
- Notify campus Security at the designated emergency response number. State the location and extent of involvement of the gas leak. They will then notify Krammes Service Center and the gas company.
- Once outside, move away from the building at least 100 feet. Keep walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless authorized by campus Security.
- For minor leaks during normal business hours contact Krammes Service Center at 419-448-2391. If no response or after hours, contact campus Security at 419-448-2211.