First contact: Security
Designated Emergency Response Number: 419-448-2211
Second contact: Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment, 419-448-2062
A psychological crisis exists when an individual is threatening harm to himself/herself or others, or is out of touch with reality. Uncontrollable behavior and/or hallucinations could be manifested. If a psychological crisis occurs:
- STAY CALM.
- Notify Security at the designated emergency response number. Provide the following information:
- Your name
- Precise location
- Observed symptoms of behavior
- Individual's name, if known
- Security will contact local authorities for assistance and will notify the Director of Health and Counseling Services, the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment and the Campus Professional Counselor.
- Until help arrives, be pleasant, considerate, and understanding to avoid aggravating the situation.
- Do not argue with the individual. Try to determine and accept the individual's point of view. Do not confront/detain the individual if he/she is violent/combative.
- If another person is available and able to leave the area, have them meet the Security officer at the entrance to the building and provide up-to-date information.