First contact: Call the Tiffin Police Department at 9-911
Second contact: Security
Designated Emergency Response Number: 419-448-2211
Everyone on campus will be expected to assist in providing a safe environment by being alert to suspicious behavior and promptly reporting the situation to campus Security at the designated emergency response number.
- If you are a victim, observe a criminal act, or observe a suspicious person on campus, immediately notify the Tiffin Police Department and then campus Security at the designated emergency response number and report the incident, including the following:
- Your name
- Nature of the incident
- Location, date, and time of incident
- Description of person(s) involved
- Description of property involved
- Assist the officer(s) when they arrive by providing additional information upon request.
- Take the following action if you are a victim of a property crime:
- Go to a safe place and notify the Tiffin Police Department then Security
- Do not touch anything.
- Meet with the officer at the location the officer requests.
- Explain to the officer everything you observed, including telling the officer if you did touch or move anything. Follow the officer's instructions.
- Take the following action if you are a victim of a violent/personal crime:
- Be observant! The more information you can provide, the better chance the criminal will be apprehended. Remember: Whatever you decide to do, you must be prepared both mentally and physically. Your safety is the most important thing to remember during any attack.
- As soon as possible get to a safe place and notify the Tiffin Police Department and then campus Security at the designated emergency response number. Advise officers of the nature of the incident, location, if medical assistance is needed, and a description of the person(s) involved.
- Meet with the officer. Follow the officer's instructions.