All Heidelberg students must register their vehicles annually within the first five days of their first class. Facutly and staff must register their vehicles one time upon being hired. Failure to register a vehicle will result in a $50.00 fine and/or disciplinary action. Vehicle registration is completed by logging on to OASIS2 and following the instructions. Upon completion of the registration, the vehicle hanger can be aquired at the Business Office by showing your student/faculty ID.
The issued parking hanger is to be hung on the inside rearview mirror so the numbers are visible from the outside of the vehicle. If the hanger will not fit on the mirror, hang it from a string by punching holes in the hanger. The owner of the car is responsible for placing the hanger so it can be read from outside the vehicle.
All overnight visitors to the campus must obtain a yellow visitor’s parking pass. The visitor’s pass is free of charge and should be placed on the dash in front of the driver so it can be read from outside the vehicle. Please contact the Campus Safety & Security Director’s office (Camus Center 206, 419-448-2211) during regular business hours (Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm) to obtain a visitor’s pass.
Vehicles registered to a residential student may park in these lots.
- Lot E - Lot behind Brown Hall and France Hall
- Lot H - King Hall East lot
- Lot I - Krieg Hall lot
- Lot G - Large lot beside Rock Creek at Hedges and Rebecca Street
- Lot C - Lot on north side of tennis courts next to railroad tracks
No Overnight Parking
Vehicles may not be parked in these lots from 2:00 am to 5:00 am
- Lot J - Aigler lot
- Lot D - Behind University Commons/Fireside Café lot
- Lot A - University Hall lot
- Lot B - Founders lot
- Lot F - Gillmor lot
- Lot K - Brenneman lot
7:00 am – 5:00 pm
Lot A - University Hall lot – University visitors, reserved parking and vendors. (STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PARK IN THIS LOT)
Lot B - Founders lot – Faculty and staff parking only
Lot E- Directly north behind the Education building (Brown/France lot) - Faculty and staff only
Lot F - Gillmor lot – Faculty, staff and commuter parking only. Handicapped, reserved, visitor and other designated spots.
Lot J - Aigler lot – Faculty, staff and commuter parking only
Lot K - Brenneman lot – Faculty and staff only
Restricted Parking at all times
- Handicapped, service vehicles and university vehicles* parking only (*university vehicle are those owned/leased by Heidelberg University)
- Any vehicle that is operated without due regard for safety within the campus area will be ticketed.
- Parking in a handicapped zone - $50.00
- Non-registered vehicle - $50.00
- Parking in fire lane - $50.00
- Parking or driving on grassed area or sidewalk - $25.00
- Failure to obey regulatory signs - $25.00
- Overnight parking violation - $25.00
- Failure to park in marked stall - $25.00
- Restricted parking - $25.00
- Parking in a driveway - $25.00
- Parking in Faculty/Staff/Commuter Only Lot - $25.00
Parking fines will be billed to the student’s account or deducted from an employee’s pay. An email will be sent explaining the reason for the ticket, the fine and the appeal process.
Appealing your ticket
If you receive a ticket you have FIVE SCHOOL DAYS to appeal it. If the ticket is not waived or appealed, the fine will be billed to your student account or employee account. All appeals for a violation must be submitted, in writing (by email) within five (5) school days to the Dean of Students.
The Campus Security and Safety Department has the authority to have vehicles towed at vehicle owner's expense.
Residential students are not permitted to drive to class from their Residence Hall. Students parking in a restricted lot will be ticketed accordingly.
Parking in the Community
Heidelberg University will work with its neighbors to address issues that arise from inappropriate parking in the surrounding neighborhoods. The university may take action against faculty staff or students that park inappropriately in non-university areas.
It is inappropriate to park across a private residents driveway, to park longer than 48 hours on public streets or in the National Machinery parking lots (which are east of France Hall and Willard Hall).