All Heidelberg faculty, staff and students must register their vehicles annually within the first five days of their first class. Failure to register a vehicle will result in a $50.00 fine and/or disciplinary action. Vehicle registration is completed by logging on to OASIS2 and following the instructions. Upon completion of the registration, the vehicle hanger can be aquired at the Business Office by showing your student/faculty ID.
The issued parking hanger is to be hung on the inside rearview mirror so the numbers are visible from the outside of the vehicle. If for some reason the hanger will not fit on the mirror, hang it from a string by punching holes in the hanger. The driver of the car will be responsible for placing the hanger so it can be read from outside the vehicle.
All overnight visitors to the campus must obtain a visitor’s parking pass. Please contact the Campus Safety & Security Director’s office (CC 206) during regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8am - 4:30pm) to obtain a visitor’s pass or by calling 419-448-2211. The visitor’s pass is a large red sheet of paper; it can be placed on the dash in front of the driver so that it can be read from outside of the vehicle.
24 Hour Parking Lots
All vehicles registered to a Residential student may park in these lots.
- Lot E - Lot behind Brown Hall and France Hall
- Lot H - Lot at King Hall east
- Lot I - Lot at Krieg Hall
- Lot G - Large lot beside Rock Creek at Hedges St. and Rebecca St.
- Lot C - Lot on north side of tennis courts next to railroad tracks
No Overnight Parking Lots
Vehicles may not be parked in these lots from 2:00 am to 5:00 am
- Lot J - Aigler Lot
- Lot D - Behind University Commons/Fireside Café Lot
- Lot A - University Hall Lot
- Lot B - Founders Lot
- Lot F - Gillmor Lot
- Lot K - Brenneman Lot
Restricted Parking Lots
7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Lot J - Aigler Lot – Faculty, Staff and Commuter parking only
- Lot A - University Hall Lot – University Visitors, Reserved parking and parking for persons doing business at University Hall.(STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PARK IN THIS LOT)
- Lot B - Founders Lot – Faculty and Staff parking only
- Lot F - Gillmor Lot – Faculty/Staff and Commuters parking only
All handicapped, reserved, visitor and other designated spots
- Lot K - Brenneman Lot – Faculty/Staff only
- Lot E- Directly north behind the Education building (Brown/France Lot) - Faculty/Staff only
Two Hour Parking
- Lot D - Behind University Commons/Fireside Café
Restricted Parking at all times
- Handicapped, service vehicles and college/university vehicles* parking only (*college/univerisy vehicle are those owned/leased by Heidelberg University)
- Any vehicle that is operated without due regard for safety within the campus area will be ticketed.
- Parking in a handicapped zone - $50.00
- Non-registered vehicle - $50.00
- Parking in fire lane - $50.00
- Parking or driving on grassed areas or sidewalk - $25.00
- Failure to obey regulatory signs - $25.00
- Overnight parking violation - $25.00
- Failure to park in marked stalls - $25.00
- Restricted parking - $25.00
- Parking in a driveway - $25.00
- Parking in Faculty/Staff/Commuter only parking - $25.00
Parking fines will be billed to the student’s account or deducted from an employee’s pay. An email will be sent explaining the reason for the ticket, the fine and the appeal process.
Appealing your ticket
If you receive a ticket you have FIVE SCHOOL DAYS to appeal it. If the ticket is not waived or appealed, the fine will be billed to your student account or employee account. All appeals for a violation must be submitted in writing (by email) within five (5) school days to the Dean of Students.
The Campus Security and Safety Department has the authority to have vehicles towed at vehicle owner's expense.
Residential Students are not permitted to drive to class from their Residence Hall. Students parking in a restricted lot will be ticketed accordingly.
Parking in the Community
Heidelberg Uninversity will work with its neighbors to address issues that arise from inappropriate parking in the surrounding neighborhood. The university may take action against faculty staff or students that park inapproapriatly in non-university areas.
It is inappropriate to park across a private residents driveway, to park longer than 48 hours on public streets, or in the National Machinery parking lots (which are east of France Hall and Willard Hall).