All Heidelberg students must register their vehicles annually within the first five days of their first class. Faculty and staff must register their vehicles one time upon being hired. Failure to register a vehicle will result in a $50.00 fine and/or disciplinary action. Vehicle registration is completed by logging on to OASIS2 and following the instructions. Upon completion of the registration, the vehicle hanger can be acquired at the Business Office by showing your student/faculty ID.
The issued parking hanger is to be hung on the inside rearview mirror so the numbers are visible from the outside of the vehicle. If the hanger will not fit on the mirror, hang it from a string by punching holes in the hanger. The owner of the car is responsible for placing the hanger so it can be read from outside the vehicle.
Purchasing a parking permit does not guarantee that a convenient parking space will be provided. The responsibility of finding a designated parking space rests with the vehicle owner/operator. Lack of space is not considered a valid excuse for violating parking regulations.
We welcome visitors on campus. Persons who are visiting the campus for the day will not need a parking pass. Day time visitors are welcome to use parking lots F and G between the hours of 7:00am-5:00pm. Visitors to Admissions are welcome to use parking lot A. Visitors to the Fireside Café are welcome to use parking lot D. Persons who visit campus overnight must secure a visitor's parking permit from the Campus Security Office (Campus Center 129) upon arrival on campus. Visitors are not charged for temporary (visitor) passes. This permit should be displayed on the dash of the visitor's vehicle. This permit allows the visitor to park in Lot G.
Vehicles registered to a residential student may park in these lots.
- Lot E - Lot behind Brown Hall and France Hall
- Lot H - King Hall East lot
- Lot I - Krieg Hall lot
- Lot G - Large lot beside Rock Creek at Hedges and Rebecca Street
- Lot C - Lot on north side of tennis courts next to railroad tracks
No Overnight Parking
Vehicles may not be parked in these lots from 2:00 am to 5:00 am
- Lot J - Aigler lot
- Lot D - Behind University Commons/Fireside Café lot
- Lot A - University Hall lot
- Lot B - Founders lot
- Lot F - Gillmor lot
- Lot K - Brenneman lot
7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Lot A - University Hall lot – Admissions visitors, reserved parking and vendors. (students are not permitted to park in this lot)
- Lot B - Founders lot – Faculty and staff parking only
- Lot D - Fireside Cafe Parking - Visitors Only
- Lot E - Faculty/Staff only area next to the Education building directly behind France Residence Hall
- Lot F - Gillmor lot – Faculty, staff and commuter parking only. Handicapped, reserved, visitor and other designated spots.
- Lot J - Aigler lot – Faculty, staff and commuter parking only
- Lot K - Brenneman lot – Faculty and staff only
Restricted Parking at All Times
Handicapped, service vehicles and university vehicles* parking only (*university vehicles are those owned/leased by Heidelberg University)
- Any vehicle that is operated without due regard for safety within the campus area will be ticketed.
- Parking in a handicapped zone - $50.00
- Non-registered vehicle - $50.00
- Parking in fire lane - $50.00
- Parking or driving on grassed area or sidewalk - $25.00
- Failure to obey regulatory signs - $25.00
- Overnight parking violation - $25.00
- Failure to park in marked stall - $25.00
- Restricted parking - $25.00
- Parking in a driveway - $25.00
- Parking in Faculty/Staff/Commuter Only Lot - $25.00
Parking fines will be billed to the student’s account or deducted from an employee’s pay. An email will be sent explaining the reason for the ticket, the fine and the appeal process.
Appealing Your Ticket
If you receive a ticket you have five school days to appeal it. If the ticket is not waived or appealed, the fine will be billed to your student account or employee account. All appeals for a violation must be submitted, in writing (by email) within five (5) school days to the Director of Safety and Security.
Residential students are not permitted to drive to class from their Residence Hall. Students parking in a restricted lot will be ticketed accordingly.
Parking in the Community
Heidelberg University will work with its neighbors to address issues that arise from inappropriate parking in the surrounding neighborhoods. The university may take action against faculty, staff, or students that park inappropriately in non-university areas.
It is inappropriate to park across a private residents driveway, to park longer than 48 hours on public streets, or in the National Machinery parking lots (which are east of France Hall and Willard Hall). Violators are subject to potential tickets and or fines, and towing (at the owner/operator’s expense) by the Tiffin City Police Department.
The Campus Safety and Security Department has the authority to have vehicles towed at the vehicle owner/operator’s expense for the following reasons, chronic offender, emergency situations, blocking other vehicles, creating a safety hazard, abandoned/disabled vehicles, and any other situation determined necessary. The owner/operator of the vehicle will be responsible for all towing expenses and/or ticket fines. Any damages incurred as a result of the vehicle being towed will be the responsibility of the owner/operator. On campus parking privileges will be suspended until all ticket fines and registration fees are paid.
Chronic Offender is defined as any vehicle that is ticketed for the fifth time during the same academic year for any violation.
Special Events and Reserved Parking Spaces
Special Event/Needs parking will be coordinated and managed by the Safety & Security Department and should be requested no less than one week in advance by email to the Director of Safety & Security. Reserved spaces are not guaranteed and will be approved based on need and availability.